Paul Dummett: Released (official)

Guest palnese

Had Dummett been fit for maybe 2 more games we'd probably have stayed up last season. Hate him or not, he's a pretty good defender, but we do need to replace him because he's worthless in possession of the ball.

Pretty much this.

If he was foreign with tats he'd have a cult following by now, but he's just another local lad getting dogs abuse from the shoes off, 3-in-1 haircut, Soccer AM bred mongs we have following the club nowadays.

What a load of rubbish,the fact that Dummett is a geordie lad is the reason people for a long time have defended him

He's a poor  bottom half possibly, midtable championship defender. 

No player gets the benefit of that on here, like. Rightfully so.

At the match players from the area definitely get afforded a bit more patience.

This is true. Fans will always want to see local players succeed, it's natural.

Dummett is extremely average but could still be a useful player to have across the 50 games. If we get thrown a few million our way then fair enough, but I'd be inclined to keep him this season.

How much do you reckon?  I'm thinking somewhere between 2 and 4 million.

4 million +

1 million over 24 months +

500,000 after 10 international goals +

25% of profit from next sale +

Arrange a friendly

Never really liked Dummett to be honest, think he's very average. But over the last few years he was probably the least of our worries (with the likes of Taylor, Colo, Williamson, Colback, Gouf all regularly featuring).

Will be happy to see him replaced, but don't think it's the most urgent sale needed as he'll probably be okay at this level.

Guest chopey

Did anyone see him get caught out in the second half when he was on the wrong side for a throw in and the player had a free run on goal only for his bottle to go and he fluffed his chance.

Guest neesy111

Did anyone see him get caught out in the second half when he was on the wrong side for a throw in and the player had a free run on goal only for his bottle to go and he fluffed his chance.

Aye, comical defending.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stuck out like sore thumb yesterday. He's a championship defender, that's for sure. Needs to be much calmer on the ball and take his time rather than hoof it aimlessly upfield.

thought he was solid yesterday, personally.

i'm not his biggest fan by any means, but yesterday I thought he was the opposite of 'sticking out like a sore thumb'.

Can't understand the hate for Dummett,  he has played decent this season and is solid defensively.  Just seems to be the latest target for the boo boys.

He's always been a target because he's non exsistant on the ball. Rafa pretty much said so himself and then went out and bought Lazaar.

I've always had a soft spot for him tbh.

Can't understand the hate for Dummett,  he has played decent this season and is solid defensively.  Just seems to be the latest target for the boo boys.

he was awful at fulham i thought, other than that, no complaints.

most of the team were awful at Fulham.