Paul Dummett: Released (official)

Guest palnese

Well your posts suit you perfectly. I wish we didn't have to read them, though. Maldini ffs.

:lol: You should count yourself privileged to read my posts, to be honest, seeing as you lack any shred of wit or colour in your life. I like to think I'm a civilizing force around here when unnecessary insults are flying around, bringing some good old Canadian peacekeeping the world takes for granted.

Why is there this myth that Dummett can defend? He gets beaten by the opposition winger regularly.

I'd want to see Mbemba play alongside Lascelles with Clark at left back soon.

Because he can't attack so it's used to justify what he offers. That and 'well really he's a centre back'.

Putting aside the other arguments about his abilities, why does Rafa play him them? He'd be a fucking idiot to a play him if he couldn't defend because we all know he'll never be good enough going forward.

Well your posts suit you perfectly. I wish we didn't have to read them, though. Maldini ffs.

:lol: You should count yourself privileged to read my posts, to be honest, seeing as you lack any shred of wit or colour in your life. I like to think I'm a civilizing force around here when unnecessary insults are flying around, bringing some good old Canadian peacekeeping the world takes for granted.

Nah, you're just a strange lad and pretty uninformed on NUFC and football in general. No harm in that as we're all on here to learn to an extent but fucking hell, you take tripe to the next level all the time.

Nah, you're just a strange lad and pretty uninformed on NUFC and football in general. No harm in that as we're all on here to learn to an extent but fucking hell, you take tripe to the next level all the time.

I'm uninformed on NUFC and football? :lol: Granted my knowledge of actually watching football begins in the 1990s, but fucking hell, man, where do you even come up with this stuff from? How does one pass the Ronaldo Proper Football Man Certification course? McCarthyism comes so naturally to you ;) 

Why is there this myth that Dummett can defend? He gets beaten by the opposition winger regularly.

I'd want to see Mbemba play alongside Lascelles with Clark at left back soon.

Because he can't attack so it's used to justify what he offers. That and 'well really he's a centre back'.

Putting aside the other arguments about his abilities, why does Rafa play him them? He'd be a f***ing idiot to a play him if he couldn't defend because we all know he'll never be good enough going forward.

Because Haidara is no better and been repeatedly injured and Lazaar is new to the country?

I was expecting at the very least for Dummett to be solid and show signs of improving going forward since he should have more chances to, but the Dummett we see against Fulham and Rotherham is the exact same as we saw in the Premier League. There's no signs of him getting better, he's 25, and can't see him being anymore than this level.

Compare to Enrique who dropped to this level, literally took the piss out of the league for a season, then came back into the Premier League a far better player, and it's disappointing.

Just play the best defender there, ie Dummett. If there's an issue with our attacking play it isn't because of the LB.

:lol:

Dummett makes one half-decent tackle a game. Other than that he spends a lot of time out of position, backing away from the opposition player, or being absolutely murdered by any winger with the slightest bit of pace. In addition to that he's petrified of touching the ball and will lose possession a frightening amount of times.

If Haidara cant stay fit or Lazaar is rubbish/new/too sexy to play, we'd be better off playing Clark out of position at LB as he has shown that he is a much better defender. He was also very good away at Bristol City in that position.

Your love-in for Dummett is bizarre, especially your need to insult anybody who has an opinion differing to yours. Maybe you need to take a step off of your high horse.

Just play the best defender there, ie Dummett. If there's an issue with our attacking play it isn't because of the LB.

Dummett makes one half-decent tackle a game. Other than that he spends a lot of time out of position, backing away from the opposition player, or being absolutely murdered by any winger with the slightest bit of pace. In addition to that he's petrified of touching the ball and will lose possession a frightening amount of times.

If Haidara cant stay fit or Lazaar is rubbish/new/too sexy to play, we'd be better off playing Clark out of position at LB as he has shown that he is a much better defender. He was also very good away at Bristol City in that position.

Your love-in for Dummett is bizarre, especially your need to insult anybody who has an opinion differing to yours. Maybe you need to take a step off of your high horse.

I've repeatedly said Dummett's not good enough in the medium to long term in that position. I'm not even gonna touch the rest of that post. If you think he gets murdered by pace you aren't watching the games.

I've repeatedly said Dummett's not good enough in the medium to long term in that position. I'm not even gonna touch the rest of that post. If you think he gets murdered by pace you aren't watching the games.

A typical response from you that cannot reply to it in it's entirely because your argument is built on nothing.

I sit at matches watching wingers run rings around Dummett on a regular basis, we saw on Saturday that the lowest standard of team in this division can make Dummett look very average. Anyone who knocks the ball past him (or through him a lot of the time) will get past him, other than the very rare exception.

If I played football regularly at this level, I'd probably make a good tackle every now and then. That means nothing, his awful performances vastly outweigh his okay to good ones.

Dummett is not good enough to be playing in the short term, never mind the medium to long term.

I think Dummett is more than capable defensively and he offers us some presence when we are defending corners.

He's shite going forward but if we drop him and start leaving gaps down our left don't be surprised. He's a good defender.

To think that an, out-of-position Clark, unproven Lazaar or a totally unreliable Haidara are serious options at left back you want your head looked at. More chance of Anita or Yedlin playing left back than them three at this stage.

Guest neesy111

I think Dummett is more than capable defensively and he offers us some presence when we are defending corners.

He's shite going forward but if we drop him and start leaving gaps down our left don't be surprised. He's a good defender.

It's the defending part of his game that was awful against Norwich.

It's the defending part of his game that was awful against Norwich.

He's had plenty of solid performances.

To think that an, out-of-position Clark, unproven Lazaar or a totally unreliable Haidara are serious options at left back you want your head looked at. More chance of Anita or Yedlin playing left back than them three at this stage.

Clark has filled in at LB this season already and looked assured. I'd be happier with him at LB than Dummett without question.

Even Ian Dummett has made comments at SJP this season suggesting that his own son should be dropped :lol:

It takes him a while to get going but when he gets to full pace he's pretty f***ing quick like

Yes, he is quick in terms of straight-line foot speed. Shame that alone doesn't make a footballer, let alone a decent full-back.

He is SO slow in his decision-making on the ball that it's agonising to watch. How many times does he end up delaying his distribution so long that his "passes" are charged down?

• 3 weeks later...