Morecambe vs. Newcastle United - 28/08/13 @ 7.45pm (Sky Sports 4)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Guest icemanblue

We'll win 4-0.

Let's use this as shooting practice and get the full first team out.

This is exactly what we should do, unfortunately the manager simply doesn't grasp the concept of building confidence by scoring goals.

"...not going to underestimate them, they deserve respect and we'll give them it because they've earned it. Coming here is a tough prospect for a team like us, believe me. They'll be up for it and we need to be organised and handle the pressure they'll put us under."

You reckon every other Premier League manager (who have ties against a lower league side) won't say the same, like? Are they all going to come out and deliberately undermine their opposition, guaranteeing a comfortable victory?

Guest bimpy474

We'll win 4-0.

This is exactly what we should do, unfortunately the manager simply doesn't grasp the concept of building confidence by scoring goals.

"...not going to underestimate them, they deserve respect and we'll give them it because they've earned it. Coming here is a tough prospect for a team like us, believe me. They'll be up for it and we need to be organised and handle the pressure they'll put us under."

Nothing wrong with any of that to be fair. He's correct, the first thing you do in these games is match their intensity and workrate, then your quality should come through.

We'll win 4-0.

You reckon every other Premier League manager (who have ties against a lower league side) won't say the same, like? Are they all going to come out and deliberately undermine their opposition, guaranteeing a comfortable victory?

Showing a bit of tact in public to Morecambe is one thing. Problem is he seems to transmit this to his players and the performance reflects this. Smart managers do the respect thing in public but are telling their players to go out and rub their noses in it, Pardew doesn't seem to do that. That's the difference imo. 

I'd love to be proved wrong btw. I'd like nothing better than to go there and knock 4 or 5 past them playing really good, attacking football. Every single person would benefit from thrashing the poor twats but I've got zero faith in it happening. The fear and negativity he shows in his interviews comes through when he picks his team, decides the tactics and makes his changes. That's not going to change.

Guest bimpy474

We'll win 4-0.

Showing a bit of tact in public to Morecambe is one thing. Problem is he seems to transmit this to his players and the performance reflects this. Smart managers do the respect thing in public but are telling their players to go out and rub their noses in it, Pardew doesn't seem to do that. That's the difference imo.

That's exactly what i think, he'll spend the next two days concentrating on their strengths and he'll transmit that to the team, instead of their weaknessess. Something we never exploit on any teams we play, as i dont think he even pays any mind to them as he can only concentrate on stopping the opposition. Hence why he gets called a limited manager.

Elliott

Santon      Good   Williamson   Dummett

Obertan   Bigirimana  Gosling    Sammy

Vuckic

Shola    

Subs: Alnwick, Good, Amalfitano, Tiote, Anita, Gouffran, Cisse

Defeat ;)

I honestly don't have any confidence going into this game and it's Pardew that has made me feel like that and I don't work with him every day. If he can zap that out of me from 200 miles away I can only imagine how the players feel, literally drowning in negativity.

He won't field a full squad, we'll have a couple of "purples" on the field but the Ameobi's will get 90 minutes and it'll be 10 behind the ball looking to hit it first time to the front man on the counter. Same shit, different day, it doesn't work in any league.

We'll win 4-0.

And it's every game at the moment.

We'll win 4-0.

We don't need a first team out to batter this lot. We have players like Obertan and Bigi who cost millions and are still kicking their heels waiting for a game, and the likes o Gouffran would love a crack playing as a striker for 90 mins i suspect. This is just Pardew trying to pull the wool over our eyes as usual the cowardly cunt.

Guest icemanblue

We'll win 4-0.

That's fair enough, you're probably right, I just didn't get that from your post. :thup:

I think we'll win, like. Just not very comfortably. :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sammy-ameobi-bemoans-missed-chance-5785554

United will now field (Sammy) Ameobi, Haris Vuckic, Gael Bigirimana, Paul Dummett and Dan Gosling at the Globe Arena in Morecambe on Wednesday night, in the second round of the League Cup.

The game is a sell-out at Morecambe and will also be televised live on Sky Sports.

The Shrimpers warmed up for the encounter against United with a 2-0 win over Exeter City.

And the seaside Lancashire town is currently gripped by cup fever.

Indeed, Capital One, sponsors of the competition, will bring the trophy to Morecambe as the build-up to the game continues.

Morecambe boss Jim Bentley said: “We start getting our eyes on Newcastle which is a tasty tie for us, not just for the club and the supporters but for the town as a whole.

“It’s a good occasion for us but we’ve got to make sure we don’t get lost in it. It’s a game of football, 11 v 11 at the end of the day.

“We want to go out there and try and give a good account of ourselves and win the game.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sammy-ameobi-bemoans-missed-chance-5785554

United will now field (Sammy) Ameobi, Haris Vuckic, Gael Bigirimana, Paul Dummett and Dan Gosling at the Globe Arena in Morecambe on Wednesday night, in the second round of the League Cup.

The game is a sell-out at Morecambe and will also be televised live on Sky Sports.

The Shrimpers warmed up for the encounter against United with a 2-0 win over Exeter City.

And the seaside Lancashire town is currently gripped by cup fever.

Indeed, Capital One, sponsors of the competition, will bring the trophy to Morecambe as the build-up to the game continues.

Morecambe boss Jim Bentley said: “We start getting our eyes on Newcastle which is a tasty tie for us, not just for the club and the supporters but for the town as a whole.

“It’s a good occasion for us but we’ve got to make sure we don’t get lost in it. It’s a game of football, 11 v 11 at the end of the day.

“We want to go out there and try and give a good account of ourselves and win the game.”

Positive arsehole.

Guest Phil K

Pardew has already been trying to build up Morcambe as if expecting a bad result

Fills us with concern, so whats it going to do to the players ?

As a team they've shown little determination without that **** Pardew creating excuses before a ball is kicked

The Morecambe boss may well a positive arsehole, but I wish our boss was positive - he's an arsehole already

Normally I'm always in favour of fielding a few of the kids to give them a run out in the League Cup but not this year. We look so disjointed and unbalanced that I'd pick the strongest XI possible and use the game as a chance to build up a bit of confidence and fluidity. We desperately need practise playing as a unit, especially going forward. Fuck tiredness, this is only the third game of the season get the first team out and tell them to go out and fucking wallop them.

Elliott

Santon      Good   Williamson   Dummett

Obertan   Bigirimana  Gosling    Sammy

Vuckic

Shola    

Subs: Alnwick, Good, Amalfitano, Tiote, Anita, Gouffran, Cisse

Defeat ;)

Curtis Good gets about a bit.

Any fringe player who doesn't shine in this game shouldn't be part of our first team squad, providing the team is relatively balanced of course. If you can't perform against League 2 opposition then you should be nowhere near a premier game. Obertan should be in there as well and Pardew should be trumpeting with confidence rather than worrying about the side we'll be able to field and the game against Fulham on Saturday.