Morecambe vs. Newcastle United - 28/08/13 @ 7.45pm (Sky Sports 4)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

I don't agree that we should play our strongest team. Not if Pardew's going to use it as an excuse if we don't perform on Saturday. Let's go along with Pardew theory 101 and assume that if the players do two games in a row their legs will fall off. Even with a few changes we should have more than enough quality to see off Morecambe assuming the side isn't completely thrown together.

Elliot

Debuchy Good Yanga-Mbiwa Dummett

Gosling Bigi

Sammy Vuckic Marveaux

Gouffran

Quite like the look of this team for tonight. Still got experience in there mixed in with young lads.

Elliot

Debuchy Good Yanga-Mbiwa Dummett

Gosling Bigi

Sammy Vuckic Marveaux

Gouffran

Quite like the look of this team for tonight. Still got experience in there mixed in with young lads.

and that's all it needs :thup:

Guest icemanblue

For me:

Elliot

Debuchy

Williamson

Yanga Mbiwa

Dummett

Marveaux

Bigi

Vuckic

Sa Ameobi

Gouffran

Cisse

I like the look of this, and your name turns me on.

Guest reefatoon

Just got myself in the mood for this by watching our 6 - 6 draw with Tranmere in the Zenith Data Cup, back in 1991.  An absolutle goalfest.

Already said no doubt, but Pardew on the ITV news just then saying Morecambe can "let their hair down". :lol:

Dunno why that phrase amuses me so much.

Hopefully they will, the last time we 'let our hair down' a 34-year old Louis Saha absolutely took the piss out of us and we shipped 5 goals.

Just got myself in the mood for this by watching our 6 - 6 draw with Tranmere in the Zenith Data Cup, back in 1991.  An absolutle goalfest.

Did that go to penalties? I was sure we had a shoot out against Tranmere way back when, but i could find nothing yesterday when i was looking.

think he'll make it into the match squad?

YOUNG Newcastle United striker Adam Armstrong has revealed he has been selected in the Magpies’ squad for tonight’s League Cup tie at Morecambe.

Armstrong, 16, is built “like a young Wayne Rooney” and has a style of play similar to the Manchester United striker, according to Newcastle’s official website.

Rooney is also Armstrong’s idol, and the youngster may get the chance to impress in front of the TV cameras tonight.

He tweeted: “Buzzing! In the squad for the first team tonight against Morecambe! #capitalonecup #dreamcometrue”

It remains to be seen whether Armstrong will make Newcastle’s final matchday squad of 18, as they have in the past allowed youngsters to train with the first-team on the pitch ahead of games.

However, if he does make the bench, it will cap a remarkable rise for the teenager.

Armstrong only made his debut for Newcastle’s under-21 side against Reading two weeks ago, before scoring at St James’s Park against Wolves five days later.

Guest reefatoon

Did that go to penalties? I was sure we had a shoot out against Tranmere way back when, but i could find nothing yesterday when i was looking.

It did go to penalties. (which we lost)  We were always a shambles at penalty shootouts.

It did go to penalties. (which we lost)  We were always a shambles at penalty shootouts.

Cheers, i thought i was going mad. I can remember losing to Tranmere, but i'd totally forgotton about that cup.

One of the first ever games I can remember watching on Sky. Particularly remember some pissed up Geordies being interviewed at half time and them taking the piss out of the mackems.