Newcastle United 1 - 0 Fulham - 31/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 34

Beren

Guest bimpy474

Hopefully Cisse will be encouraged by his headed chance and the couple of sniffs he had at the end. He didn't play well but I still think he suffers the most from the lack of movement in the side.

As soon as there was a lot, as we saw, he came alive. It was visible to see him actually become more lifted and play better because of it.

Ben Arfa had the worst half for us since he came then the second half he just shifted into another gear. He made two of our best chances, one of which Gouffran had to fucking score, then he scored the winning goal. And he's only going to get fitter and better now.

Hopefully Cisse will be encouraged by his headed chance and the couple of sniffs he had at the end. He didn't play well but I still think he suffers the most from the lack of movement in the side.

Ian again i agree with you but I can't help but feel he's too 1 dimensional if the ball isn't on a platter he struggles.

Guest bimpy474

I thought Gouff put an excellent shift in, although he should have buried that header.

He looked dangerous Ian your right.

Again it's nice to have a player who can actually control the ball when it's passed to him, His pace and work rate are a positive.

His movement is excellent, which i love.

He seems like a good pro as well to be fair.

imagine how he feels having Shola and Cisse starting ahead of him, yet he still comes on and gives 100%

I love players with movement, it's just something i admire, it's intelligent and gives his teammates options. He can't finish well but will make spaces for players to move into.

Krul 7 - did what he had to, made two saves and his distribution seemed that bit better than normal too

Debuchy 7 - far, far improved defensively and alright going forwards

Mapou 8 - excellent, passed the ball so much better than he did against Morecambe and made Berba/Bent look ordinary

Colo 7 - composed, hardly noticed him, unlucky not to score

Santon 7 - left a few gaps at the start but grew into the game and gave us width, needs to improve end product

Ben Arfa 8 - lovely goal, end product has improved and clearly benefitting from a run in the side

Anita 7.5 - efficient in possession, lovely little player - has that 'tackle' that Pardew likes also

(Cabaye 6 - silly free kick to give away when he came on and needlessly booked, kept us ticking over)

Sissoko 8 - magnificent, drove the team forwards and was only hindered by soft refereeing calls

Marveaux 6.5 - imposed himself a lot more today and seemed to show for the ball more, which helped our play a lot

(Remy 7 - nice little debut cameo, gave us a fresh outlet and lifted the crowd)

Shola 5.5 - tidy on the ball and didn't fuck it up much but just so, so static and looked predictably tired

(Gouffran 6 - better movement than the two planks that started up top but poor miss from Debuchy's cross)

Cisse 5 - garbage, shocking decision making and piss-poor in the main

Pardew 7 - set up the team correctly for a change and made good subs at the right time, no complaints from me today :thup:

Much quicker tempo and passing for the last 20 minutes. Why can't be start games like that? No coincidence that we started creating far more chances!

I thought today was the best start we've had to a game for as long as I care to remember, not that we flew out of the traps or owt like.

Much quicker tempo and passing for the last 20 minutes. Why can't be start games like that? No coincidence that we started creating far more chances!

Yea i was thinking this too.

Look forward to seeing Remy start next game! If we can just get a couple of players in we could go into the international break with a spring in our step

How many long balls were played during the last half an hour when we actually looked a decent team? Not that many! So much more dangerous when we kept the ball on the ground and played it fast forward! Even Cisse looked way more dangerous

Guest neesy111

Fulham will be lucky not to go down imo.  As if people want Jol as our manager Ffs.

Exactly. Fulham are shit, they don't press, they don't move, they're a nothing team and have been for two years.

Serves them right for signing Scott parker.

Well managed, Pards. Deserves some credit.

Has to be said, good substitutions.

And good Pardew stayed patient with Ben Arfa and didn't take him off as I would have done so if I was the manager.

Fulham will be lucky not to go down imo.  As if people want Jol as our manager Ffs.

Exactly. Fulham are shit, they don't press, they don't move, they're a nothing team and have been for two years.

They actually seem to have made themselves worse by their recent signings. I thought Parker had an alright game mind.

Birtles said we need a Scott Parker in the side driving us forwards. :lol:

That's exactly what got Gormless Glenn the sack 6 or 7 years ago.

Guest bimpy474

I thought we were excellent for most of the game. Take Shola out of the starting 11 and we will be a decent team.

Spot on.

If Pardew lets us play like this then we are, hope he does.