Newcastle United 1 - 0 Fulham - 31/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 34

Beren

That was the first time in fucking ages (since that Stoke home game?) we've controlled a game, almost completely restricted the opposition, made them look ordinary and played quite well. It's just we lack that presence of a confident, firing forward up top.

Best we've played in ages and I'm glad we got that goal because we so so deserved it. A million miles improved from West Ham and Morecambe; maybe the benefits of playing the same team again?

Tiote, Taylor and Gutierrez missing and we suddenly look way better. Mapou, Anita and Marveaux should remain in the team, hopefully they do.

Haven't enjoyed a Newcastle game more than since Remy went on. Ever since he came on the picture changed. He linked attack and midfield well and opened space for Gouff and Benny.

Team in looking better once we have forwards willing to drop deep and run in behind shocker !

He might not have scored but Remy's movement alone made a massive impact.

God. Can't remember actually enjoying a match. It's nice.

Really? I only enjoyed the last 20 minutes or so, up to then it was pretty dire I thought.

Even first half was much better than we've played of late, tbf.

Guest andrew

great win :)

think we definitely saw some results from the fitness work... don't think we'd have attacked like that at the end and the counter attacking last season or in any times post-SBR (when we were very fit)

what a goal

:thup: :thup: :clap:

Guest bimpy474

Best half for a year that.

Since Chelsea I'd say... long may it continue.

They were in it though, i mean us demonating a team, we should have got 3 or 4 imo.

Chuffed to bits with that. Especially after Remy came on (looks quality) I know we still looked blunt upfront for most but the way the players went about it really impressed me and Pardew made the right changes to be fair. Although Anita is showing up Cabaye massively with his last two performances.