Newcastle United 1 - 0 Fulham - 31/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 34

Beren

Guest neesy111

Fulham will be lucky not to go down imo.  As if people want Jol as our manager Ffs.

Exactly. Fulham are shit, they don't press, they don't move, they're a nothing team and have been for two years.

Serves them right for signing Scott parker.

Birtles said we need a Scott Parker in the side driving us forwards. :lol:

That's exactly what got Gormless Glenn the sack 6 or 7 years ago.

He's fucking gormless.

Didn't see the game.

A win was literally the only acceptable result against a poor Fulham side, so I'm relieved we got that.

What I'm delighted to hear is that we played well, controlled the game and deserved the win.

It's nice to have this flicker of optimism but we absolutely must sustain this. If the likes of Taylor, Tiote and Jonas come back in the side after Mapou, Anita and Marveaux have (according to here) played well, it's a pisstake. We've got two extremely winnable games after the international break.

Just heard Ben Arfa's interview and Crooks' description of the goal. I absolutely adore the bloke.

What I'm delighted to hear is that we played well, controlled the game and deserved the win.

Not entirely true. We played better, but it was relatively up for grabs until the subs.

It's nice to have this flicker of optimism but we absolutely must sustain this. If the likes of Taylor, Tiote and Jonas come back in the side after Mapou, Anita and Marveaux have (according to here) played well, it's a pisstake.

I pray this doesn't happen. They've more than earned their place.

It's nice to have this flicker of optimism but we absolutely must sustain this. If the likes of Taylor, Tiote and Jonas come back in the side after Mapou, Anita and Marveaux have (according to here) played well, it's a pisstake.

This is imperitive imo. Will comfirm or displel a lot of beliefs surrounding Pardew as a coach.

FourFourTwo StatsZone makes for interesting viewing after the match.

In the 70 minutes prior to the Remy substitution, we were credited with creating six chances in the final third with three chances coming in the box; after Remy came on, we created 7 chances in the final third, all 7 in the box.

Remy, in terms of holding up the ball and linking up, looks like a better version of Ba. Hopefully his movement in the box is different so that Cisse and him don't get in each other's way.

Anyway, today had a lot of positives. I can actually relax and have good thoughts about football for the next two weeks.

Remy, in terms of holding up the ball and linking up, looks like a better version of Ba. Hopefully his movement in the box is different so that Cisse and him don't get in each other's way.

Anyway, today had a lot of positives. I can actually relax and have good thoughts about football for the next two weeks.

Pip forgot that deadline day is going to make today feel like it was 5 months ago.

This is imperitive imo. Will comfirm or displel a lot of beliefs surrounding Pardew as a coach.

I'm seriously hoping he doesn't bring Tiote and Jonas straight back in (when everyone's fit). No reason to do it at all.

Guest neesy111

Fulham were atrocious though.

Martin Jol won't last long there.

friend of mine is a Fulham fan and he hates Jol almost as much as some on here hate Pardew and has pretty much since the start of last season

Can see why.  They were atrocious.

FourFourTwo StatsZone makes for interesting viewing after the match.

In the 70 minutes prior to the Remy substitution, we were credited with creating six chances in the final third with three chances coming in the box; after Remy came on, we created 7 chances in the final third, all 7 in the box.

Says all that needs to be said really, he made such massive impact.

Towards the end of the game that was the best we've played in a long time. Bringing on some attacking players and taking the horrendous Shola off made all the difference. That's what we can do when we're positive and attacking teams. Hope we don't retreat into our shells again in the next few games.