Newcastle United 1 - 0 Fulham - 31/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 34

Beren

We were bang average until Gouffran and Remy came on. Then we looked decent. I was impressed by our insistence to build attacks from the back throughout the game.

I quite enjoyed the first half if only for that reason. Even though we looked toothless in the final third our approach play looked much better and more purposeful than I've seen it previously under Pardew. Whether that was down to Fulham's lack of bite or we are finally getting some confidence to knock it around I don't know. We'll find out in the next few games I suppose.

Guest bimpy474

One thing for sure, if Pardew wants to carry on in the same vain as the game ended, he needs to get his head sorted out with regard to picking Shola. You simply cant play fast attacking football with a motionless oaf up top.

Just thinking today how it's impossible to really be sure how well we actually played. I mean, it looked like we played well, but maybe Fulham were just very very very bad.

Probably both, I doubt we'll have an easier opponent all season but we still played well and I enjoyed it.

Guest bimpy474

I had a fucking temper tantrum the first time Krul launched a free kick from the halfway line.

Most hated thing we do at the moment. Just utter rubbish.

I had a f***ing temper tantrum the first time Krul launched a free kick from the halfway line.

The only thing that pissed me off during the game was some of our fans.  Sadly, we have quite a few morons supporting us.

I had a f***ing temper tantrum the first time Krul launched a free kick from the halfway line.

The only thing that pissed me off during the game was some of our fans.  Sadly, we have quite a few morons supporting us.

We really do like. Some of the shite being spouted at Morecambe in mid-week was utterly ridiculous.

The only thing that p*ssed me off during the game was some of our fans.  Sadly, we have quite a few morons supporting us.

Unfortunately so. I'm really starting to hate some of our fans - they, more often than not, just ruin the away day experience. The new generation of supporters concern me :anguish:

One thing for sure, if Pardew wants to carry on in the same vain as the game ended, he needs to get his head sorted out with regard to picking Shola. You simply cant play fast attacking football with a motionless oaf up top.

Agree, and this is why the signing of Gomis is so important to be done. We must not allow a space in the squad to ever appear for Shola to be considered with. He should have been moved on years ago, it's criminal to keep him and have him appearing in the first 11 for us.

Was sat beside a Sland ST holder yday. He says Fulham were poor at their place as well. He said we looked about as dangerous as Sland did against them until we made the changes. He says Sland were shocking against mk dons

After reading some comments seems people are starting to realise that Pardew has actually been trying for a while to get the players to build play from the back and keep the ball rather than look long and play hoof ball. Think he will surprise a few on here with the type of football we start to play with HBA/Remy/Cisse in the side. Things are certainly looking up. Shame about the lack of support from board level to help Pardew along but at this moment, i'll just take no outgoings and go with what we have got and i think we can still expect a pleasant season ahead.

After reading some comments seems people are starting to realise that Pardew has actually been trying for a while to get the players to build play from the back and keep the ball rather than look long and play hoof ball. Think he will surprise a few on here with the type of football we start to play with HBA/Remy/Cisse in the side. Things are certainly looking up. Shame about the lack of support from board level to help Pardew along but at this moment, i'll just take no outgoings and go with what we have got and i think we can still expect a pleasant season ahead.

Hope you're right. Although I'm a bigger Pards sympathiser than most, I'm still incredibly worried he's going to reintroduce Taylor/Tiote/Jonas when they're available. If he doesn't then things are looking up.

As for the squad, it's decent but I don't want to think about an injury to Cisse or Ben Arfa. Other than that we could shuffle people around.

Hope you're right. Although I'm a bigger Pards sympathiser than most, I'm still incredibly worried he's going to reintroduce Taylor/Tiote/Jonas when they're available. If he doesn't then things are looking up.

As for the squad, it's decent but I don't want to think about an injury to Cisse or Ben Arfa. Other than that we could shuffle people around.

Add Remy to that. It's fairly clear that Cisse doesn't have the same impact when he's got Gouffran or Shola as a strike partner. We will need both strikers fit to have a good season.

It seems like people forget we hoof any free kick we get in our own half I don't see Pardew stopping that

It seems like people forget we hoof any free kick we get in our own half I don't see Pardew stopping that

Clutching at straws now aren't you  :lol:

You're right but is that all you could think of to discredit us from the way we are starting to play?

You're right but is that all you could think of to discredit us from the way we are starting to play?

15 mins against a poor Fulham side. Calm down until 3 games on man :lol: means nowt unless he carries it on.

One game man, where we played attacking football for about twenty mins.

The first time he managed to field his strongest 11 in a long time? Think they are valid reasons to be positive.

The first time he managed to field his strongest 11 in a long time? Think they are valid reasons to be positive.

Doesn't excuse the stupid hoofs that Sunday league teams don't even do

It wasn't his strongest team. Tiote, Jonas and Taylor were injured/banned.

Two of his strongest 11 were injured and will come straight back in.

EDIT: and as Jack says, Taylor suspended.

In his mind, that wasn't his strongest 11 though.

Guest bimpy474

In his mind, that wasn't his strongest 11 though.

If he thinks that isn't the best 11, the blokes an absolute idiot.