Hit Ashley in the pocket

Nepharite

I'm sure the last time this idea was floated the SBR Foundation wanted nowt to do with it, presumably because the club have been pretty supportive of them.

The thing with protest shirts is they only really work if they're distinctive. That's why Man United's green and gold campaign got a lot of coverage - the shirts and scarves stood out.

It's already been said: dropping the games are far more effective as the media will pick up on that eventually. I'm not sure how to give him so much stick that he tries selling the club, but I do seem to recall he put it up last time because some threatened him. Now, I'm not suggesting to threaten someone's life (or their family), but wasn't that the case last time?

If, as someone wrote in another thread, he has lost interest in the club it should be easier for the fans to push him in that direction. But you never know with Mike Ashley, he's come around as quite the risk-taker and careless fucker....

It's already been said: dropping the games are far more effective as the media will pick up on that eventually. I'm not sure how to give him so much stick that he tries selling the club, but I do seem to recall he put it up last time because some threatened him. Now, I'm not suggesting to threaten someone's life (or their family), but wasn't that the case last time?

If, as someone wrote in another thread, he has lost interest in the club it should be easier for the fans to push him in that direction. But you never know with Mike Ashley, he's come around as quite the risk-taker and careless fucker....

He claimed he was in fear for his safety, but Northumbria Police reported that no complaints had been received about any specific threats. It was probably just bluster to try and win some public sympathy. Dekka still went to every game and he survived.

At the end of the day we have that many morons in our support who go to the games, buy the shirt and never question the shit thats served up that it makes it almost impossible for this to succeed. We here on this forum are a tiny fraction of our support in total and then even when you add those other fans who could be 'converted' into buying it you've still got a small amount of people imo.

THE only way to force Ashley out is mass and persistent protests game after game until he goes. A complete poisonous atmosphere toward him and his regime. Even if it fucks the club up on the pitch. I don't think we'll ever see the unity and organisation in our support to see it though. Sadly.

The problem is the same as it has always been, it's something that is over looked with extreme naivety at times, someone has to buy the club off him.

Reality is if its not a billionaire who doesn't care about losing money then it has to be a consortium, group, individual who is purchasing the club with business sense, that is difficult when you have massive debt, the problem last time was the debt and the club making massive losses, Ashley is shaping the business into something sustainable which means someone might be better placed to buy it off him.

I'm sure the last time this idea was floated the SBR Foundation wanted nowt to do with it, presumably because the club have been pretty supportive of them.

Yep, when I was in touch with them way back when they didn't want to do anything that would hurt their relationship to the club. Which is fully understandable even if the current owner is a cunt.

I've no doubt he wants out. You don't streamline the club in the way he has done, begin to pay down the money owed to yourself etc. if you're in it for the long haul. He's taking his cash back while at the same time tarting up the balance sheet.

Does that mean something's on the horizon? No. Not unless we find a benevolent billionaire who is desperate for a football club, but I think those days are long gone.

Scarf idea might be a good idea, someone said the Man U one didn't work but pretty sure they won the league that year which may have somewhat slowed the momentum, it did however get alot of media attention.

The Man U one didn't work cause of shit like this...

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2010/4/28/1272486059622/Manchester-United-green-a-006.jpg

Scarf idea might be a good idea, someone said the Man U one didn't work but pretty sure they won the league that year which may have somewhat slowed the momentum, it did however get alot of media attention.

The Man U one didn't work cause of shit like this...

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2010/4/28/1272486059622/Manchester-United-green-a-006.jpg

and the fact it was utterly pointless and devoid of meaning. Don't know they're fucking born. Got some twat on facebook with 'Glazerout' in the middle of his name. He's from North Warwickshire ffs.

The only way to hit Ashley in the pocket is too stop spending money in his outlets, be it NUFC or SD, it's unlikely to make any difference due to the many who still will and for NUFC the decreasing dependence on ticket but at least you'll feel better about yourself.

We're too disenfranchised, apathetic, and fractious to make anything serious work IMO.

For all the stick the scousers get at least they get stuff done. I think you'd be surprised how many would get on board given that any protests maintained momentum.

Dunno like, it didn't last time (Hull etc.) and that was far worse. doesn't help NUFC causes that one of the ringleaders would be a famehungry bellend with no thought or shame process.

At the end of the day we have that many morons in our support who go to the games, buy the shirt and never question the s*** thats served up that it makes it almost impossible for this to succeed. We here on this forum are a tiny fraction of our support in total and then even when you add those other fans who could be 'converted' into buying it you've still got a small amount of people imo.

THE only way to force Ashley out is mass and persistent protests game after game until he goes. A complete poisonous atmosphere toward him and his regime. Even if it f***s the club up on the pitch. I don't think we'll ever see the unity and organisation in our support to see it though. Sadly.

Those "morons" as you so nicely put it, support Newcastle United, the team on match day is the only important thing.

There is no way to force Ashley out, he'll go when he chooses on his own terms, that's the top and bottom of it.

You won't hit him in the pocket by not going, all he'd do is squeeze the club further so recouping his cash still happens at a rate acceptable to him, but the running costs of the club would diminish further.

For all the stick the scousers get at least they get stuff done. I think you'd be surprised how many would get on board given that any protests maintained momentum.

Dunno like, it didn't last time (Hull etc.) and that was far worse. doesn't help NUFC causes that one of the ringleaders would be a famehungry bellend with no thought or shame process.

Well quite but no fucker wants to be associated with that. Costumes and shit.

How much revenue must the club make from one home match? I rekon if nobody attended just one match, it would have some effect. I do not believe it would ever happen of course, but if it did, i think we would get a reaction.

Am I missing a trick here?

Ashley it appears will not put further money into the club.

If supporters don't then all that will happen is that the club we love will be run on a tighter and tighter budget. It makes no difference to him.

He's trying to get his money back. I say we all club together and give him it back so he can fuck off.