NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

It doesn't make sense at all.

None of it does. Big wages, better options, injury problems, we havent actually sold Debuchy yet so hard to think the club would plan ahead :lol:

Would be a downgrade from Debuchy and a highly questionable purchase, considering his lack of tactical awareness and inability to follow instructions, poor form / out of the picture for 2 seasons. Last year of contract and 'damaged goods' with small fee though so could see the club being interested.

I would seriously have to question his commitment to us if he joined, he has been out of the frame at city for a while now and seems perfectly happy picking up his wages each week.

Richards was a good defender a while back, I wouldn't be so against it if we had got Santon used to playing at right back, because he certainly isn't a left back. Between the two of them they could provide a decent option.

Guest Roger Kint

Richards was a good defender a while back, I wouldn't be so against it if we had got Santon used to playing at right back, because he certainly isn't a left back. Between the two of them they could provide a decent option.

So cut out middle man and dont buy Richards, saves spending while hes crocked.

Guest Roger Kint

Plenty on twitter suggesting Richards is better than Debuchy or even more fucking stupid saying we dont need to replace him as Santon/Raylor will be good enough fullbacks :anguish:

Guest firetotheworks

Oh my god.

Santon at Right Back.

Pass the razor blade.

You people. You rightly criticise Pardew for not playing players in their best/preferred position then advocate playing Santon there, who 1. prefers playing at left back and 2. Hasn't shown anything at all in that position.

The only reason that I can see for playing him there is that he's right footed.

So cut out middle man and dont buy Richards, saves spending while hes crocked.

I can only assume the price will be a good one and we reckon he's not a perma crock.

Oh my god.

Santon at Right Back.

Pass the razor blade.

You people. You rightly criticise Pardew for not playing players in their best/preferred position then advocate playing Santon there, who 1. prefers playing at left back and 2. Hasn't shown anything at all in that position.

Well yeah.

Guest Roger Kint

Oh my god.

Santon at Right Back.

Pass the razor blade.

:thup:

Richards with just 18 competitive appearances over the last 2 seasons. That's how far he has fallen. :lol:

Did play 29 league games when they won the league in 2012.

If it is the Richards of 11/12, it's a no-brainer. What we would get is a poorly-motivated, injury-prone, tactically-limited player who isn't anywhere near his best form though.

Guest firetotheworks

Oh my god.

Santon at Right Back.

Pass the razor blade.

Well yeah.

Well yeah? He's not a right back.

Oh my god.

Santon at Right Back.

Pass the razor blade.

Did start his career as a right winger bro. ;)

iirc it was Mou who bigged him up as a left back back in the day.  :whistle:

Richards with just 18 competitive appearances over the last 2 seasons. That's how far he has fallen. :lol:

Did play 29 league games when they won the league in 2012.

If it is the Richards of 11/12, it's a no-brainer. What we would get is a poorly-motivated, injury-prone, tactically-limited player who isn't anywhere near his best form though.

If we are going to sell Debuchy for £10-12 million, I can think of far worse options than Richard for £3-5 million.  The fact that he has proved he has the talent previously would make it a gamble worth taking in my opinion.  Would I prefer someone like Aurier?  Yes, but the chances of us getting him are pretty low (either because he wouldn't come or we wouldn't spend the money).

Is your suggestion that he is poorly motivated based on anything in particular by the way?

Plenty on twitter suggesting Richards is better than Debuchy or even more f***ing stupid saying we dont need to replace him as Santon/Raylor will be good enough fullbacks :anguish:

Some of our fans are clueless like.