NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Players are back in less than three weeks.

Even taking into account the reputation of our regime, surely people  weren't expecting much action before July. One, two signings at the most.

I'm totally on board with the scepticism and worry but perhaps it's not quite time to panic. Like I've said earlier, if we haven't made ANY progress whatsoever by next weekend, then I'll start the onslaught.

If might only be two weeks but there's a big difference between mid June and the start of July, in terms of the transfer market. After all, alot of players are on holiday.

We will all be disappointed come September anyway.

Guest Alexinho

The good thing though...we have occationally made signings out of the blue! The club is quit either way...

The good thing though...we have occationally made signings out of the blue! The club is quit either way...

We've done that about twice. If anything we're worse at keeping secrets than we ever were before getting arsey about the media.

Even taking into account the reputation of our regime, surely people  weren't expecting much action before July. One, two signings at the most.

I'm totally on board with the scepticism and worry but perhaps it's not quite time to panic. Like I've said earlier, if we haven't made ANY progress whatsoever by next weekend, then I'll start the onslaught.

If might only be two weeks but there's a big difference between mid June and the start of July, in terms of the transfer market. After all, alot of players are on holiday.

Aye, give it another week or so. The club will probably try and inflate the backroom staff coming in into big news, like its an achievement. If we're still seeing no recruits next week then it's quite clear somat's up.

Our media black out tends to be in spite of rags making up stuff about us that's negative. There's a huge irony though that if we don't talk to them then they have nothing to write, so are more likely to make stuff up.

I'm sort of hoping the £25m thing is a rumour they've ran with as they have no official comms on strategy, plus as a bit of a fuck you to stir up trouble.

That's my clutching at straws angle, the sad thing is that it's so Ashley to make out that we are going to invest, then spend much less than what's needed and what we could afford.

We've done that about twice. If anything we're worse at keeping secrets than we ever were before getting arsey about the media.

Can't remember the last time we signed someone out of the blue. Cisse?

EDIT: Actually might be de Jong

Our club gives us so little that we become reliant on the journalists, who are far more experienced at being self serving liars than Charnley and Co.

Hard to believe anyone, ever.

Guest chopey

It's not Ashleys fault, he said so on the telly. If this pre season is a fuck up its all to do with the board not him

:lol: FFS.  Don't start slagging them off yet, it's too early for that.  But by September we'll know it will have been a shit window.

Might as well start slagging them off whenever tbh, I stand to be corrected.

10m is ridiculous for Deeney

All the numbers for the players we have been linked with sounds ridiculous to me, especially considering all of them are average at best.

Not like we are linked with overpaying for quality, not one of the links gets me even remotely interested.