NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Berahino would be a better partner for Mitrovic than Austin.

By a million miles. He's also a far better player in general. Only thing Austin has over him is he seems less of a mardy modern footballer type.

Regardless, it matters little because we'd never pay the money to sign Berahino.

Ah but Berahino is an arrogant tit whilst Austin has scored at every level he's been at. With Austin you pay for an effective goalscorer, for Berahino you're paying a higher price essentially for his potential. And personally I think it's potentially he'll never reach.

Perhaps harsh, but feel he'll fall into a similar category of footballers as Scott Sinclair in a few years.

By a million miles. He's also a far better player in general. Only thing Austin has over him is he seems less of a mardy modern footballer type.

Regardless, it matters little because we'd never pay the money to sign Berahino.

Ah but Berahino is an arrogant tit whilst Austin has scored at every level he's been at. With Austin you pay for an effective goalscorer, for Berahino you're paying a higher price essentially for his potential. And personally I think it's potentially he'll never reach.

Perhaps harsh, but feel he'll fall into a similar category of footballers as Scott Sinclair in a few years.

So what? how about we analyse what the team needs instead of going for " goals tho!" and completely ignore the balance of the team and what would compliment what we have.

Not like it matters as we won't get him, but i'm not sure why people want Austin so much when he's an extremely bad fit and would completely imbalance the team.

So what? how about we analyse what the team needs instead of going for " goals tho!" and completely ignore the balance of the team and what would compliment what we have.

Not like it matters as we won't get him, but i'm not sure why people want Austin so much when he's an extremely bad fit and would completely imbalance the team.

You call it imbalance, I call it the ability to rotate/have options when the inevitable injuries and suspensions come along. If Mitrovic doesn't fire then all the pressure is on Perez and Cisse (if he stays) again. Riviere simply doesn't count. The 11 purples only routine is a failed approach, limits what a manager can do and doesn't push players who know they're guaranteed to start.

This is throughout the team mind, having plenty of good options in the squad is essential. Austin may not be the most fashionable player but given the complete and utter disgrace of our last few seasons I reckon i'd take him at Newcastle.

I wouldn't, he'd be a much better partner for what we already have. Brings something we don't have in pace and the versatility to play outwide.

Obviously not happening though.

I think we've been after two strikers from the outset. One with presence and then a speedster that can play the wide forward role. First options were likely Austin and Berahino for eac role.

I think getting Mitrovic was the end of any interest in Austin, and I think we were priced out of any move for Berahino. Think it will now likely be someone like Rolan or N'Jie, who are both wide forward types that can play upfront or come in from wide areas.

Remy performed the wide forward role really well for us, as did Ba initially. Gouffran has not been good at it at all, and we need to upgrade there.

Would rather Saido over Austin, as Saido is a player who can turn nothing into something whereas Austin is a poacher and needs it putting on a plate for him with decent delivery (very similar to Cisse imo).

That being said, I'd rather buy no strikers and just put any remaining transfer funds into defenders.

I think most would prefer Berahino but he's going to be more expensive so I can't see it.

If we get either Austin or Berahino I'd be very happy with our strike force.

Would kinda love berahinio but he is also a bit of a head case which is worrying, I suspect he'd score a lot for a bit then sulk off for a portion. No doubt would add more to the team than Austin who would just score goals and nothing else but at least could be relied upon.

I also think we have a chance to get austin not berahinio

I still want Thauvin! With flair combined with pace he would give us something we don't have out wide. He has end product as well. Would take more than one player to stop him every time, and that would give a lot of space to other players to explore and make runs to. Though, might as well forget about him now.

I still want Thauvin! With flair combined with pace he would give us something we don't have out wide. He has end product as well. Would take more than one player to stop him every time, and that would give a lot of space to other players to explore and make runs to. Though, might as well forget about him now.

but the club don't want to sell him and he doesn't want to come  :lol:

We definitely need more of players like that, outside of sorting out the defense it should be the priority IMO.

If I had the choice i'd probs take Berahino, talented player who makes things happen. However I think the link is rubbish and we seem to be back in this situation where no-one has a clue whats going on. If Austin is our true target then i'd take him, looks the type who might thrive in a Newcastle shirt.

If I had the choice i'd probs take Berahino, talented player who makes things happen. However I think the link is rubbish and we seem to be back in this situation where no-one has a clue whats going on. If Austin is our true target then i'd take him, looks the type who might thrive in a Newcastle shirt.

Be mad not to, definitely not in the running for Berahino though. Austin brings proven goals in this league but not convinced he could partner Cisse or Mitro. We really need pace and trickery with the ability to create something out of nothing, like you say Berahino fits the bill.

Berahino definitely for me. He will be expensive but at the same time only about 5million more than Austin.

Good resale value as well could tempt the fat one

This, absolutely - but there's no way Ashley will pay what WBA want for Berahino, whereas others - probably now including West Ham - will.

Berahino definitely for me. He will be expensive but at the same time only about 5million more than Austin.

Good resale value as well could tempt the fat one

This, absolutely - but there's no way Ashley will pay what WBA want for Berahino, whereas others - probably now including West Ham - will.

Totally agree - Ashley wouldn't sanction that amount of cash - no way.