NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't understand the opposition to Townsend signing on a 6m loan? Decent player and a far better winger than any others we have with the exception of Aarons who is presumably dead. He'd come in and immediately do a good job for us, which is what we need right now. Perez is not a winger and Thauvin is just not good enough.

He's s***.

Besides Aarons name a winger in our team who is better than him, and then name an alternative suggestion who would fit under Ashley's budget ?

Thauvin could easily be better if given a chance.  I'm not sure why we should even assume he's any good, he's been as much a failure in this league over the past few seasons as Thauvin has this season.  One half decent half season for QPR back in 2013 and we're supposed to assume he's automatically going to be better than what we have?, why?

Much though I would like to have seen Thauvin more, and would like to think he could improve, I can't really blame McClaren for not playing him. When he's started he's generally given the ball away far too easily. Add to that that he clearly doesn't relish the pace of the English game and it's pretty hard to argue he should be persisted with.

This.

Their's honestly no point in ever signing any player who isn't already proven Premier League quality if our criteria for judging him is how he does over 400 minutes of sporadic 10-30 minute appearances in half a season.  Completely and utterly mental.

Their's honestly no point in ever signing any player who isn't already proven Premier League quality if our criteria for judging him is how he does over 400 minutes of sporadic 10-30 minute appearances in half a season.  Completely and utterly mental.

This is a great point. Makes no sense, given how proven it is that some players from abroad take a while to settle.

Don't understand the opposition to Townsend signing on a 6m loan? Decent player and a far better winger than any others we have with the exception of Aarons who is presumably dead. He'd come in and immediately do a good job for us, which is what we need right now. Perez is not a winger and Thauvin is just not good enough.

He's s***.

Besides Aarons name a winger in our team who is better than him, and then name an alternative suggestion who would fit under Ashley's budget ?

Thauvin could easily be better if given a chance.  I'm not sure why we should even assume he's any good, he's been as much a failure in this league over the past few seasons as Thauvin has this season.  One half decent half season for QPR back in 2013 and we're supposed to assume he's automatically going to be better than what we have?, why?

Much though I would like to have seen Thauvin more, and would like to think he could improve, I can't really blame McClaren for not playing him. When he's started he's generally given the ball away far too easily. Add to that that he clearly doesn't relish the pace of the English game and it's pretty hard to argue he should be persisted with.

I think persisted with is the wrong phrase, but in any case the argument is pretty easy when instead we're playing this:

-----------------------------------

Sissoko Anita Colback Wijnaldum

De Jong

Cisse

-----------------------------------

Not once since Nowrich did he even try to break up that midfield and try something new.

Robert Pires looked wank for about a year.

Pires had the backing of Wenger and he presumably wanted to stay in England. McClaren clearly doesn't rate Thauvin at all and it looks like Thauvin doesn't really want to be here either. Either we have to sack off McClaren or sack off Thauvin. If it's down to Charnley there's only going to be one winner.

£12m and he's given five months? Nobody even knew where Lamela was the first year.

Yep good point, played a similar amount of games to Thauvin his first season and was absolute shit when he did play.  But they kept him, gave him more consistent starts the following season and he improved, and improved again this season.

Pires had the backing of Wenger and he presumably wanted to stay in England. McClaren clearly doesn't rate Thauvin at all and it looks like Thauvin doesn't really want to be here either. Either we have to sack off McClaren or sack off Thauvin. If it's down to Charnley there's only going to be one winner.

Even IF he wants to leave, we don't have to let him go immediately.  Ask him to wait until the summer and have a word with McClaren about giving him a few games ASAP.  Its not a case of picking the team for McClaren either, just suggesting to the manager that its a waste of money to spend £13m on someone if he won't even try him.  Doesn't have to happen now either, just need McClaren to have a word with the player and tell him that as soon as he can he's going to get him a few games in a row to show what he can do, give him a few assurances.  If it doesn't work out he can go in the summer.

It doesn't make sense to completely marginalise players, I don't know why managers do it. It was one of Pardew's biggest shit house moves.

Since Ben Arfa was given away we've went 1.5 years without ever giving his replacements a proper chance. Decided they weren't good enough early on and were straight up for moving onto the next guy. Unless we're willing to pay £25m for someone (which we should have) I don't know what we're expecting.

Even IF he wants to leave, we don't have to let him go immediately.  Ask him to wait until the summer and have a word with McClaren about giving him a few games ASAP.  Its not a case of picking the team for McClaren either, just suggesting to the manager that its a waste of money to spend £13m on someone if he won't even try him.  Doesn't have to happen now either, just need McClaren to have a word with the player and tell him that as soon as he can he's going to get him a few games in a row to show what he can do, give him a few assurances.  If it doesn't work out he can go in the summer.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but I can see which way this is headed. McClaren thinks he's a waste of space, and to be fair, he's been pretty bad when he's started. I'm getting the feeling that the player himself doesn't want to stay in England, and if that's the case he's not likely to apply himself much is he? Personally I would have tried to use him a lot more, especially as a sub, but he's getting five minutes tops and he's not going to produce much in that time.

It's just one of life's lessons - never buy off Spurs. And I can't believe we're giving up on Thauvin, I've been wanting him to start for weeks. Very, very dodgy goings on.

Every time Thauvin gets caught in possession McClaren looks like he's going into cardiac arrest. He's just too cautious to back such a player, he'd probably rather start with Gouffran on the left wing. Safe and will track back.

It's just one of life's lessons - never buy off Spurs. And I can't believe we're giving up on Thauvin, I've been wanting him to start for weeks. Very, very dodgy goings on.

Every time Thauvin gets caught in possession McClaren looks like he's going into cardiac arrest. He's just too cautious to back such a player, he'd probably rather start with Gouffran on the left wing. Safe and will track back.

Even though Jacky boy loses the ball, dives in the box, gets a yellow every fucking game but is immune to any criticism by the management for some reason

Even though Jacky boy loses the ball, dives in the box, gets a yellow every fucking game but is immune to any criticism by the management for some reason

I wouldn't say Jacky loses the ball much though. Just watches the game as a spectator for the most part.

Even though Jacky boy loses the ball, dives in the box, gets a yellow every f***ing game but is immune to any criticism by the management for some reason

I wouldn't say Jacky loses the ball much though. Just watches the game as a spectator for the most part.

Feel like every single match he's caught in possession doing some stupid fucking turn and they're off on a counter

Even though Jacky boy loses the ball, dives in the box, gets a yellow every f***ing game but is immune to any criticism by the management for some reason

Feel like every single match he's caught in possession doing some stupid fucking turn and they're off on a counter

He plays too safe to lose the ball much. I'm surprised he ever loses possession tbh, considering 90% of his passes are backwards or sideways.

:clap:

Agree.  I can't help but think we will come off worse if this deal happens.  Probably end up paying £14m for him with a couple of our best players thrown in as well.  As much as we like to think we are tough negotiators, I think that is proving not to be the case with each passing transfer window.

We're shitcunts.

We're shitcunts.

Yep. Fans who got on his back included.

I'm a bit worried they see the defence as well stocked. An injury to Colo/Mbemba and we are basically f***ed again.

This was one of my concerns, but apparently we a chucking bids in for players like there's no tomorrow so hopefully there's a defender in there as well