NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is sticking up for Ashley ?

I've seen people stating that it's been a good window, Ashley is spending the cash so on and so on - have a look back here are a few there.

It has been a good window. In terms of where we were on Jan 1st.

This doesn't necessarily mean sticking up for Ashley though. It's reactionary and desperate scrambling to ensure survival on the back of gambling that hasn't paid off yet again.

We shouldn't have to be the highest spenders on the market.

Don't think it's been a good window as we still lack in 3 critical areas but I agree with the rest of what you're saying.

All the people on here trying to stick up for Ashley give your heads a shake man will you. Has he resolved the issue with a guaranteed goalscorer to get the goals to win games no he has gambled again and has he resolved the issue of a defence that leaks goals for fun no he hasn't. He has has two windows this year and I would argue the last four years to resolve these issues and failed at every hurdle and that's why year after year the club is fighting relegation. If you can't score goals and you let goals in for fun then you don't win games as I keep saying it's not rocket science. What he does is get his bunch of muppets to look for bargains and gambles and end up spending millions upon millions on French dross. To enforce the absolute crazy transfer policy he continues to appoint some of the worst managers possible. Are you people just plain gullible?

Aye there's f***ing loads of people here sticking up for Ashley

Did I say there were f***ing loads?

No but by the way you were writing it sounded like there was a sizeable amount of people here sticking up for him when I count zero, without looking much tbf.

Fair enough -no I know the majority on here aren't (some are though) but the mass cretins on social media are pissing me off.

Who on here is pro Ashley? ???

There are few who are trying to stick up for the amount he has spent - I didn't say pro Ashley I said sticking up for him.

All the people on here trying to stick up for Ashley give your heads a shake man will you. Has he resolved the issue with a guaranteed goalscorer to get the goals to win games no he has gambled again and has he resolved the issue of a defence that leaks goals for fun no he hasn't. He has has two windows this year and I would argue the last four years to resolve these issues and failed at every hurdle and that's why year after year the club is fighting relegation. If you can't score goals and you let goals in for fun then you don't win games as I keep saying it's not rocket science. What he does is get his bunch of muppets to look for bargains and gambles and end up spending millions upon millions on French dross. To enforce the absolute crazy transfer policy he continues to appoint some of the worst managers possible. Are you people just plain gullible?

No but by the way you were writing it sounded like there was a sizeable amount of people here sticking up for him when I count zero, without looking much tbf.

Fair enough -no I know the majority on here aren't (some are though) but the mass cretins on social media are pissing me off.

There are few who are trying to stick up for the amount he has spent - I didn't say pro Ashley I said sticking up for him.

Not allowed to say "he has spent" in case people think it's his money not the clubs.

Not allowed to say "he has spent" in case people think it's his money not the clubs.

His or the clubs to little too late is what pisses me off and I honestly think it will come to bite him in the arse come May.

I think it's been a better window than any of us expected, but that's because we expect nothing.  For it to actually be a good window, we'd have needed a proven premier league striker, a quality centre back and a competent left back.  I'd even have wanted a goalkeeper to get a very good window.  Elliot has done well since he's come in, but I'm not convinced the form will last till the end of the season.  He's also injury prone and Darlow is either very green or just totally awful.

If anything this window has exposed what a terrible team and squad we had before the previous two transfer windows.  We've spent so much to get some good players and yet we still end up glaringly short of a decent squad or even a balanced solid looking defence.

This is all the result of years and years of neglect and underspending.  If we can stay up and have another 2-3 windows like the last few, we might actually have a good squad and team that has a balance to it.  What's the chance of that actually happening?  We've spent a lot in the past couple of windows, but it's after about six years of s*** ones, so it doesn't even come close to making up for it.  That's why it really grates to see media praising Ashley for spending, when all he's doing is desperately scrambling at spending £80m to guarantee his future premier league tv pay cheques, that will soon cover that value with ease.

Newcastle are still very much in a relegation fight as they travel to Everton tonight, but McClaren said of the spending: “Really it’s just the beginning, it’s not the end. It started in the summer, it’s continued. I think we said it would, and now we’re thinking yeah, most definitely, the balance of everything, the squad, is progressing. We wanted to take this club forward and that will only progress through investment.”

ok

He's been talking about the side and the current situation like we're 4 games into the season for months and months :lol: you know, when managers say not to bother looking at the table cos it's too early.

Newcastle are still very much in a relegation fight as they travel to Everton tonight, but McClaren said of the spending: “Really it’s just the beginning, it’s not the end. It started in the summer, it’s continued. I think we said it would, and now we’re thinking yeah, most definitely, the balance of everything, the squad, is progressing. We wanted to take this club forward and that will only progress through investment.”

ok

Im still convinced if we were sat pretty at new year in mid table, not a dime would have been spent.

Yeah. If we manage to stay up this year it will be interesting to see what goes on this summer. If they spend big again on the kind of players we actually need then I'll go some way to thinking they've changed.

Yeah. If we manage to stay up this year it will be interesting to see what goes on this summer. If they spend big again on the kind of players we actually need then I'll go some way to thinking they've changed.

If we stay up, when does the money actually come in from this new TV deal?

If its fairly quick, then they can have few excuses for not spending. And, we already have (at least) £21m seemingly burning a hole in our pocket!

Cuntface, it's February and you're still in the relegation zone. You're a fucking shit manager, and we don't even know if you know how to make use of all these players (the jury's still out on the signings themselves). The squad as we have it should be nowhere near 18th. Maybe 16th, but definitely not 18th.

Cuntface, it's February and you're still in the relegation zone. You're a f***ing s*** manager, and we don't even know if you know how to make use of all these players (the jury's still out on the signings themselves). The squad as we have it should be nowhere near 18th. Maybe 16th, but definitely not 18th.

I don't think he reads the forum fella.

Cuntface, it's February and you're still in the relegation zone. You're a fucking shit manager, and we don't even know if you know how to make use of all these players (the jury's still out on the signings themselves). The squad as we have it should be nowhere near 18th. Maybe 16th, but definitely not 18th.

Far, far away from 18th..... like 16th :lol: :lol:

Far, far away from 18th..... like 16th :lol: :lol:

I'm realistic in my expectations :lol:

Cuntface, it's February and you're still in the relegation zone. You're a f***ing s*** manager, and we don't even know if you know how to make use of all these players (the jury's still out on the signings themselves). The squad as we have it should be nowhere near 18th. Maybe 16th, but definitely not 18th.

that reminds, didn't Pardew say in an interview this season he read "Criticism online" during his time here. God if he read here (hopefully he did)

Just in case you do Alan, it's always good to wear headphones when you're out and about round the busy tramlines of Croydon :thup:

that reminds, didn't Pardew say in an interview this season he read "Criticism online" during his time here. God if he read here (hopefully he did)

Just in case you do Alan, it's always good to wear headphones when you're out and about round the busy tramlines of Croydon :thup:

I hope he gets robbed by one of the refugees relocated in the Croydon area, goes on a portrait-video rant against 'dem immigantz' and the liberal Southern media finally sees him for the slime that he is.

If we stay up, when does the money actually come in from this new TV deal?

If its fairly quick, then they can have few excuses for not spending. And, we already have (at least) £21m seemingly burning a hole in our pocket!

I think I read that they were going to make the initial payment early in the new season which I don't think normally happens.