NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't think WBA want to sell him, they'll get just as much if not more for him in the summer.

He'll only have a year left on his contract in the summer so I don't think they would get more than £25 million.

A journalist mentioned him with us yesterday I think.

Edit: from Douglas today "Valencia’s Lucas Orban may come back into play while the club have also made tentative enquiries about Davide Santon, who left 12 months ago."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-sign-striker-before-10812403

Not that he knows anything..

'Davide Santon could be set for another deadline move, say Tuttsport. Several clubs interested. Would be his 4th deadline move'

Wonder if our name'll come up.

On loan would be ok, otherwise no thanks.

At least for once we have some excitement at deadline day, even though we will probably be relegated in May.

Aye, screams panic.

I've said it before - signing so many first team players in January I don't think is the best thing to do in the short term.

Although I think if you are going down that path - it's better if the players are familiar with the PL.

At least for once we have some excitement at deadline day, even though we will probably be relegated in May.

Aye, screams panic.

I've said it before - signing so many first team players in January I don't think is the best thing to do in the short term.

Although I think if you are going down that path - it's better if the players are familiar with the PL.

I would have thought that was the main reason why players are signed in Jan though, for the immediate short term effect?  ???

If all is rosy in the garden then sure it would be daft to disrupt a side that is doing well. But for the struggling sides, new first team starters are surely a good thing to try and kick start a revival??

Agree with the being familiar or suited to the PL bit.

Would be delighted with what we have done if we also get a Berahino/Bony stature striker and a left back personally.