NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sky sources understand a number of Premier League clubs are chasing Reims midfielder Prince Oniangue. The French-born Congo international is a defensive midfielder but can also play at the back. Newcastle are believed to be monitoring him - but they face competition from newly-promoted pair QPR and Burnley.

dat monitoring

11 goals in 38 last season  :notbad:

And agents' fees. That £17m we spent in Jan '13 was actually well over £30m, mush.

Don't forget those needless 6 yr contracts. Colback will be a £10m player.

Guest Rent-A-Quote

Fuck1ng Ross McCormack man is this really what it's come to? I just despair.

http://i62.tinypic.com/63t848.jpg

Then I saw possibly our one saving grace in this deal....

http://i62.tinypic.com/99dzeh.jpg

=

http://i60.tinypic.com/2i7l4le.jpg

Guest Rent-A-Quote

Part of me wishes he was doing the punditry. Would've made a right embarrassment of himself, as per.

Would've probably got a pearl of wisdom like his "Essien raped him there". Quite ironic that it was on Ched Evans now like.

Colback alone isn't proof of a change of policy really, despite being despised by us he's a semi-decent player in a mid-table side. Have to see what happens next.

That mid table side that hasn't finished near mid table the last two seasons?

Colback alone isn't proof of a change of policy really, despite being despised by us he's a semi-decent player in a mid-table side. Have to see what happens next.

That mid table side that hasn't finished near mid table the last two seasons?

I hate to be flippant but 14th is pretty near mid-table, like.

So we (apparently) bid £6.5m for Cabella who is a French international at a good young age, and probably won't go above that but now we will spend £8m on a striker from the Championship?? This club man!  :idiot2:

Guest Simba

I read a lot about people thinking Cabella would mean a little ambition again, a little flair in the team, a new shot at a decent season. But it won't happen. We all know it. Pardew will drag us down regardless of transfers this summer and all the reason behind a Cabella signing would be the potential profit of a sale in 2-3 seasons from now.

Maybe I'll smile a little if we get him "over the line", but i sure as hell won't be happy. Far from it. Fuck this, man!

So we (apparently) bid £6.5m for Cabella who is a French international at a good young age, and probably won't go above that but now we will spend £8m on a striker from the Championship?? This club man!  :idiot2:

Or we won't, since its just paper talk.

if we spend above 5m on a (scottish) player who has never performed above championship level and is 27 years old i'd be fucking amazed, absolutely staggered

not happening at that price if you ask me, only way it makes sense is if the club know he's got a peanuts buyout somehow or leeds are selling very, very cheap and he's being brought in as backup to a more proven player

Guest Roger Kint

Surely this alone shows what shit the press are talking. Wouldnt shock me in the slightest if we are after him(club turmoil helps get him cheap) but never at that price.

Guest Roger Kint

if we spend above 5m on a (scottish) player who has never performed above championship level and is 27 years old i'd be fucking amazed, absolutely staggered

not happening at that price if you ask me, only way it makes sense is if the club know he's got a peanuts buyout somehow or leeds are selling very, very cheap and he's being brought in as backup to a more proven player

:thup: Should have just read yours instead of replying :lol:

I know we won't spend that much on anyone, but you'd like to think if we were to spend it, it would be on the younger, more creative player with more potential to make more money when re-sold

Guest Rent-A-Quote

Today's Journal says we have no interest in McCormack.

Jesus Christ. The Journal! They haven't got a clue. They didn't have a clue when they were towing the party line, and were allowed to ask questions. Now, just like the chronicle , have EVEN LESS information than before if you can believe it.

I am the journal.

You seem more like McCormack's agent with some of your posts defending his potential signing really

I did nothing of the sort. I defended him because he was getting dogs abuse despite being Leeds top scorer, top assister, POTY, FPOTY and even getting goal of the season. He's obviously a good championship striker. However, I also said plenty times that I seriously doubt he could step up to the Premiership, rent-a-boy.