NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Removed what I originally wrote b/c it made no sense.

The state our club that we'd sign Lacazette for that sum, but balk at signing someone like Abdennour, Matip, Alderweireld at CB, or bringing back Cabaye to play CM...frustrating as fuck.

Coming from someone who rates the striker heavily.

What's the craic with Lacazette, is he under performing this season? Why would he come now when we've been linked for the past God knows how many windows and nothings came of it?

We never paid the going rate for him, then he blew up, and now he's having a bad season.

I think one of the main reasons he's been struggling for form this year is Fekir's injury (torn ACL)

I know I'm a child but i'd have Fekirs name on my shirt. Reminds me of a basketball player from years ago called Gregor Fucka. Always wanted his shirt.

Guest Roger Kint

Got to love UK media. Star claiming Pardew wants Austin, Remy & Shelvey just so they can make a page of it being us vs him :lol:

Also claiming Pardew wanted Shelvey when he was here but was overruled....

I like Obertan, but wasn't he the only player Pardew was responsible for bringing to the club? I mean, come on. You can't trust a man after something like that. I'd overrule the shit out of Pardew too if I had the chance.

Got to love UK media. Star claiming Pardew wants Austin, Remy & Shelvey just so they can make a page of it being us vs him :lol:

I think that is going to be a common theme for the foreseeable future - the London media will be desperate for stories of Pardew constantly getting one over us.

Pretty certain that Pardew did want Shelvey when he was here - I am sure he was linked with us on numerous occasions.  Probably one of those situations where Pardew was privately briefing the media of the players he wanted but which he was never going to be allowed to sign.

If there is any truth in the Lacazette bid, I wonder how long we will wait before moving onto other targets given that the player doesn't want to come here.

However, I would expect that if Lyon indicate they are inclined to accept the bid then other clubs will get involved.

Guest Roger Kint

I think that is going to be a common theme for the foreseeable future - the London media will be desperate for stories of Pardew constantly getting one over us.

Pretty certain that Pardew did want Shelvey when he was here - I am sure he was linked with us on numerous occasions.  Probably one of those situations where Pardew was privately briefing the media of the players he wanted but which he was never going to be allowed to sign.

If he did then it didnt hit the papers according to .com's rumours pages in May/June/July 2013 when he went to Swansea. Plus that was the summer we got Remy and did fuck all else so doubt Pardew would have been bothering to peddle his filth at all :lol:

Imagine, him up front while we have Elliot, Colback and Coloccini in the team and our LB options are Dummett and Haidara.

Balanced squad :lol:

Lacazette would be an amazing signing mind, not that I can see it happening.

Guest Roger Kint

When the fuck is Pardew going to come in for Obertan and Colback?

I would think Liverpool's defensive injuries combined with Klopp's obvious links mean we have less than zero chance of any defenders from the Bundesliga like Matip now.

Newcastle chiefs have made it clear this area is the last area they are concerned about at the moment.

In short they have too many defenders on the payroll.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/14182970.Why_Mike_Ashley_s_transfer_policy_means_Newcastle_United_will_not_be_re_signing_Loic_Remy/?

This article is saying that Ashley won't sanction loan deals unless there is the option to buy because it is wasted money.

I think that is rather short-sighted - surely if there is an option to sign a good player on loan - maybe one who needs game time ahead of the Euros, it would potentially save the club millions in the long run. 

This club never seems to look at the bigger picture.