NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Rupees perhaps

This has reminded me of those Mexican bank robbers in that Hugh and Laurie (I think) sketch when they're counting their money 'one million, million, million, million, million and one' :lol:

Expect a few more of these stories throughout the month claiming we've bid huge sums for players who've no interest in joining us so that come the end of the transfer window they can come out and say they did their best to sign a top quality forward but just couldn't get one over the line.

A far more sensible strategy would be to sign Austin and get Remy in on loan, bring in a central midfielder and see what happens.

Why you think Austin would want to come? Its not certain like..

Nothing's certain but we'd stand a better chance of getting him than Lacazette I know that much. As hopeless a club as we are these days we're still a better proposition than QPR.

French reports suggest #nufc bid €25million for Lyon star Alexandre Lacazette but the player turned down the move

- Lee Ryder

It could be that Chelsea will offer us Remy if they get Lacazette as they are also reportedly interested. Problem is I don't think Remy will want to come here either. Maybe if Austin goes to Palace and no one else comes in.

I think Remy would come on loan if he's not going to play at Chelsea. So many possible snags though, not sure we're even interested in loans like that.

French reports suggest #nufc bid €25million for Lyon star Alexandre Lacazette but the player turned down the move

- Lee Ryder

It could be that Chelsea will offer us Remy if they get Lacazette as they are also reportedly interested. Problem is I don't think Remy will want to come here either. Maybe if Austin goes to Palace and no one else comes in.

I think Remy would come on loan if he's not going to play at Chelsea. So many possible snags though, not sure we're even interested in loans like that.

I think we'll be getting pretty desperate considering we are in a relegation position and Cisse is out for the rest of the season effectively. Be pretty daft not to consider a loan unless we land Austin.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/14182970.Why_Mike_Ashley_s_transfer_policy_means_Newcastle_United_will_not_be_re_signing_Loic_Remy/?

This article is saying that Ashley won't sanction loan deals unless there is the option to buy because it is wasted money.

I think that is rather short-sighted - surely if there is an option to sign a good player on loan - maybe one who needs game time ahead of the Euros, it would potentially save the club millions in the long run. 

This club never seems to look at the bigger picture.

So is getting relegated from the Premier League Ashley, you enormous dickhead

- Lee Ryder

I think we'll be getting pretty desperate considering we are in a relegation position and Cisse is out for the rest of the season effectively. Be pretty daft not to consider a loan unless we land Austin.

Yes it would be daft, just not sure that means we won't do it.

Guest Roger Kint

I know it's so far down the road on this debate, but I still don't believe we make fake bids to fool the fans :lol:

I just think we're incompetent.

Exactly. We spend our time putting in unacceptable bids instead

The club's trasfer policy is so fucking flawed it makes me angry. Not angry in a sense of loving the club, but angry in the sense it's just so stupid and makes absolutely no business sense. Inside Charnley's head it must just be thousands of flies buzzing around his fucking pile of shit for a brain.

The club's trasfer policy is so fucking flawed it makes me angry. Not angry in a sense of loving the club, but angry in the sense it's just so stupid and makes absolutely no business sense. Inside Charnley's head it must just be thousands of flies buzzing around his fucking pile of shit for a brain.

Yep, it's brainless. TBF to Charnley it's probably nothing to do with him, he just shouldn't be in his job.

Charnley's just a gimp who's been put in charge of transfers despite having no football background. If it wasn't him it would probably be Joe Kinnear or some other drunk cast off from the 90's. This is how we have ended up in this mess in the first place.

The scary yet unsurprising thing is we have been awful all this season and rightly find ourselves in the bottom three, so you would have thought any club in this situation would be working on identifying targets ready to come in early this month, if we wait another 3 weeks until the window closes we will find ourselves even further adrift of safety.

It's as if they think that this manager and bunch of players are capable of getting us out of it! Staggering approach when you consider how much the club will lose if they are relegated.

Our approach appear to be.  Wait until the window is open, to pretend to get some deals done.  It needs to be like the January window when we got Debuchy, Gouffran, Sissoko and I think Haidara?  But with more quality/money spent this time.