NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So it's been too late to replace our best performer again, who knew. Even more brilliantly, this time we knew he wanted to leave half a year ago and even promised him he could leave this month, and STILL couldn't replace him. :thup: :thup:

And the same w*****s will defend this again, I've absolutely no doubt.

There really is no excuse for them, but they will peddle it out tomorrow when that window closes for sure.

So it's been too late to replace our best performer again, who knew. Even more brilliantly, this time we knew he wanted to leave half a year ago and even promised him he could leave this month, and STILL couldn't replace him. :thup: :thup:

It will come to a point where there will be no point in checking any rumours due to inactivity throughout the windows in which we are forced to accept that any ambition we have will be lost cause due to the owner and if we question it at all we will get the same old excuses, cannot go into our overdraft, do not want to become the next leeds/portsmouth every time, absolutely soul destroying, we deserve better.  :(

And the same wankers will defend this again, I've absolutely no doubt.

:thup:

2 loan signings in 18 months come the summer.  60 million TV money + player sales. We're the fucking anti Leeds. Just floating around like a homing turd in the pisspot, going nowhere deliberately.

:thup:

2 loan signings in 18 months come the summer.  60 million TV money + player sales. We're the f***ing anti Leeds. Just floating around like a homing turd in the pisspot, going nowhere deliberately.

Plus my £602 season ticket money and I also bought a new cup from the club store before christmas

We all wondered why Ashley didn't like loan signings but now here we are, he's discovered them and he's realised we don't actually have to permanently sign anyone now. It's the Mike Ashley wet dream!

I guess you can understand wanting to holding onto Cabaye for as long as possible in the window despite him having an 'agreement' to leave, but to not have a replacement already lined up is beyond retarded. The higher you finish, the more money you receive - Surely that would be enough incentive for Ashley and co? How is this fuckwit made of money?! Wait, I answered my own question there. Please ignore.

You'd almost think the intention was to not replace him and that the bid for Grenier was nothing more than a cheeky put for a player worth more than our offer.

Journos have previously said that we'd be doing a large overhaul in the summer. What with the Cabaye agreement, this pretty much confirms that we're writing off the rest of this season. Although being out of the cups means it's as good as over anyway :anguish:

For me the worst thing about this transfer window inactivity is because it's come on the back of the last window of inactivity. I am also just so pissed off with them missing an opportunity to push, really buying from a position of strength is the way to go, we are there now, a good core of a team who need a few pieces here and there to really push towards challenging for CL, but we just refuse to do it, frustrating as fuck. The loss of our best player, suspension of our top goalscorer for 3 vital fixtures and the upturn in fortunes for the inbreds down the road doesn't help the mood either.

Yeah - but we are now in profit and run responsibly! Can't have us doing a Leeds or Portsmouth!

Makes me sick to the stomach. :( There are still those who defend this lot ruining our club.

:thup: Some people are stunningly stupid.

I guess you can understand wanting to holding onto Cabaye for as long as possible in the window despite him having an 'agreement' to leave, but to not have a replacement already lined up is beyond retarded. The higher you finish, the more money you receive - Surely that would be enough incentive for Ashley and co? How is this fuckwit made of money?! Wait, I answered my own question there. Please ignore.

Looks we did but he did not fancy it..

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/clement-grenier-snubs-newcastle-united-6650881

Looks we did but he did not fancy it..

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/clement-grenier-snubs-newcastle-united-6650881

:lol:

I wonder if Cabaye's agreement to leave this January was contingent on us being pretty much safe from relegation.. I.e maybe it was a 'Alright Kebabs, if we've got 30 points by the end of January you can go'.  He has been in blazing form for the start of the season, maybe he was playing for a move in more ways than one.  He gets his move, we're safe and get a big chunk of change to go towards our reported summer overhaul and the rest of the season is written off.

Really not sure what is worse tbh. Souness destroying a good squad despite the board giving a fuck load of money or Carr building up a good squad on peanuts only for the owner to not go that bit extra and really make this a squad who can compete for things (and us actually admitting we don't want to compete).

I've been a fan 21 years and this is the worst period by far.

I'd agree with that in terms of general hapless apathy levels as it doesn't seem we're going anywhere. But this is one of the better squads we've had outside of KK's and SBR's teams, and the potential is massive if we had a proper owner who wanted to compete. I don't even care if he had any affection to the club or the city. I just wish for an intelligent dreamer who wants to compete.