NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clubs that put out weak teams in the past have been fined, so whats changed?

i actually understand this to an extent, the difference with us is that good managers use it as an opportunity to get the fringe players to prove something instead of sending them out as lambs to the slaughter for mikes balance sheet

we can't play the same 11 players in every single match, change is to be expected, it should never be used as a default excuse not to try winning games

The 'actively don't compete in competitions' myth is getting a bit out of control like. Quarter finals of a European competition last year and took the eventual league cup winners to extra time this season. The FA Cup performance over the last few years can't be excused, of course.

The lack of ambition is absolutely disgusting at present, but worst it's ever been? Hadaway :lol: Professional emos.

Guys, you should all just ignore any football stuff happening today and do other things. The hapless mugs in charge of us will only make you more angry, as their hopeless transfer attempts fail at every turn.

Fuck em.

The 'actively don't compete in competitions' myth is getting a bit out of control like. Quarter finals of a European competition last year and took the eventual league cup winners to extra time this season. The FA Cup performance over the last few years can't be excused, of course.

The lack of ambition is absolutely disgusting at present, but worst it's ever been? Hadaway :lol: Professional emos.

It's not really a myth when they've said though is it? :lol:

They've said priority is the league, not the cups. That doesn't mean to say they are ordering Pardew to throw away matches in the cup. We gave Man City and Benfica very good games and you could see the effort was there from the players. To say we didn't give it a go and weren't interested in winning is nonsense. Who at St James' after 70 minutes against Cardiff thought we were going out? Looked like we were in the hat for the next round until Eliot had a mare.

They've said priority is the league, not the cups. That doesn't mean to say they are ordering Pardew to throw away matches in the cup. We gave Man City and Benfica very good games and you could see the effort was there from the players. To say we didn't give it a go and weren't interested in winning is nonsense. Who at St James' after 70 minutes against Cardiff thought we were going out? Looked like we were in the hat for the next round until Eliot had a mare.

you can't have it both ways brett; when we perform shite in the league and get points you point to the league table, in the cardiff case you state we went out but apparently performed well so that's ok

which is it?

Certainly won't feel apathetic tomorrow.

Good day on the drink. We win yay, better day on the drink. We lose boo, badder day on the drink and another season of bollocks from them lot.

It's an utterly meaningless game outside of that. That's what it's become.

Yours sincerely, professional emo.

Why do people who rim Pardew also try to balance their defence to the board too? Atleast Happy Face isn't utterly confused in that sense.

Balanced viewpoints ftw. I despise Ashley and everything he stands for but don't think we are 'actively not competing'.

Why do people who rim Pardew also try to balance their defence to the board too? Atleast Happy Face isn't utterly confused in that sense.

Balanced viewpoints ftw. I despise Ashley and everything he stands for but don't think we are 'actively not competing'.

I don't think we're throwing games purposely but we've came out and said the cups will be used for team building, I would constitute that as actively not competing tbh.

I think Ashley has really dropped a bollock this time.  I can accept that we have to sell players at times, every club does but to sell your prize asset with nothing planned is just plain crazy and reckless.

This has been done on to many occasions now to be bad timing, unforseen bid, to much money to refuse, victims of bigger clubs.

Nah, we always sell before we buy and only bring in loans to cover the gaps.  We really are being run on the bare minimum, you can only take this policy so far before people get really hacked off with it and I think we have almost reached that point.

Guest bimpy474

Certainly won't feel apathetic tomorrow.

It's great to be as small minded as them isn't it?

When only 2 games a season are worth bothering about.

Nail on head, is this what we've been reduced to.

How anyone can back this regime and manager is beyond all logic.

I don't think we're throwing games purposely but we've came out and said the cups will be used for team building, I would constitute that as actively not competing tbh.

If we were remotely competitve in the league you could easily excuse using the cups for that. As we're not bothered about competing in anything it's somewhat galling.

No reason we shouldn't have a player literally waiting to sign as we've got one going out the door.

The moment we knew Cabaye was gone for sure, we should've had the next player signing on the dotted line.

They're all a bunch of cunts and crooks.