NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colback had a good game last night in centre mid. Tidy player, keeps the play moving on and can carry it forward. He doesn't have that killer pass in him but on a free I'd be happy with the signing. Perhaps biased as I went to school with him but he's a canny lad too, despite all the ginger insults you read from no marks on the Internet.

Average English clogger

I was having this conversation with Ste last night. He isn't good enough for our first team but as a squad player he is, he is arguably better than anything we have on the bench, Ben Arfa and Bigi aside.

Bigi lol.

The solution isn't to buy average English clogger's IMO especially considering how poor our central midfield is

On a free, bearing in mind how many player we need to bring in and what our budget will be like, Colback is a good signing. He'll do better than people expect.

As for clogger, I don't think Colback commits many fouls.

Pretty sure Ronaldo said that he cringed when the Beckford and Cole comparison was first made and it turned out he was the one that started the comparison in the first place

:lol:

Beckford's approach reminded me of Andy Cole when I used to see him play at Elland Road. I also said when we were linked with him that he was nowhere near a PL player, which should have nullified the extent of the Cole comparison, but it didn't. But, yeah, I'll never live that one down.

Thing is, i think Colback would be a decent signing for us under different circumstances, and i dont mean him coming directly from Sunderland. His problem there is his options are limited to pass to, therefore he ends up going backwards a lot which frustrates the fans. He tries not to put any more pressure on a weak defence and plays it safe. They hate him for it when in reality its better than blood and thunder Cattermole who then makes stupid mistakes or daft decisions trying to chase his own shite passing. Because Catts can kick a player 4 foot in the air he's seen as useful to some degree.

Colback gets a bad rep simply down to not doing anything of note because he's not stupid enough to play risky in a shite team, while seeing first hand for years Cattermole do it and try to cover that plank. In a more attack minded team and one not under serious pressure he'd be a good player. Go to Everton under Martinez and he'd develop in to a good prem player, come here under Pardew and he'd be the same player as at Sunderland, only he'd have serious problems fitting in due to his roots.

Don't get me wrong he won't be anything special, but teams are made of players like him, good ones and ones that win things because they can keep a team ticking over when the squad is called in to action.

I'd have Sissoko, Anita, Bigi, Tiote, or Abeid ahead of him in midfield so he'd be sixth choice at best for me.  Just pointless signing bang average cloggers.  If you want to improve you sign players who will improve your first 11 and push the current players down the pecking order.  Unless we plan to play him at full back or on the wing which is always a possibility with us.

I'd have Sissoko, Anita, Bigi, Tiote, or Abeid ahead of him in midfield so he'd be sixth choice at best for me.  Just pointless signing bang average cloggers.  If you want to improve you sign players who will improve your first 11 and push the current players down the pecking order.  Unless we plan to play him at full back or on the wing which is always a possibility with us.

He's on par with Anita currently in terms of premiership quality, Anita simply hasn't done enough so far and probably never will under Pardew. Miles ahead of Bigi and Abeid. Sissoko is fucking excellent for one game out of 25, i'd have him ahead of him as well in the other 24 games.

Unfortunately right in the centre he'd probably start next to Tiote pushing Anita out. We'd need a 1st team midfielder, but as others have said he'd be Gosling's replacement, same Dan Gosling who is currently getting games ffs.

Why replace shit with shit?  Why not replace Gosling with Cabella?

You are replacing shite with average and hopefully buying a Cabaye replacement. Like i've said though i am against the move under pardew, he'd stand no chance.

He's on par with Anita currently in terms of premiership quality, Anita simply hasn't done enough so far and probably never will under Pardew. Miles ahead of Bigi and Abeid. Sissoko is f***ing excellent for one game out of 25, i'd have him ahead of him as well in the other 24 games.

Unfortunately right in the centre he'd probably start next to Tiote pushing Anita out. We'd need a 1st team midfielder, but as others have said he'd be Gosling's replacement, same Dan Gosling who is currently getting games ffs.

No way is he on par with Anita.

The Anita we've had? He's done nothing, well very very little. Think colback is more suited to the prem and would actually play a better game in the current setup. That's mostly not Anita's fault.

Completely immaterial who signs, they're all playing for a fucking idiot who hasn't got the first clue how to mould/organise a team. Nothing on the park will get better until this utter cunt goes, it's just a matter of shuffling shit around and waiting for it to happen.