NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Very much doubt we would get Wickham but he'd be a class signing.

he'd be another in a long line of "back up strikers". we need an out and out proven goalscorer.

I think if he had a run of games, he'd score quite a few goals. He showed that in a very poor mackem team at the end of last season.

My definition of class is nailed on to score 15 league goals minimum.

Sorry but I really doubt Wickham is doing that.

Who do you think we should buy as a 15 goal minimum striker?

His point is that Wickham will not score that many goals. Which other striker we should get is irrelevant as long as Wickham is not the answer.

You're suggesting that if we can't think of one (not that it's our job, that's the scouts'), we should go ahead and sign Wickham even if he's not the established striker people want?

His point is that Wickham will not score that many goals. Which other striker we should get is irrelevant as long as Wickham is not the answer.

He was just asking, stop being such a tool.

No? I just wanted to know who Mole wanted as a 15 goal striker :lol:

I don't think there is anyone except the ones we have already been knocked back for. The Cassette and Remy simply don't want to come and don't think we were convinced on Gomis.

He was just asking, stop being such a tool.

There's nothing wrong with my reply. Take your nonsense elsewhere.

Problem is the decent, proven strikers are either out of our price range or won't come to us.  The options are basically an unproven striker, a second rate experienced striker or nobody.

Looking at players that scored more than 15 last season, every one of them are touted for over 20 million, no chance we are spending that.

No? I just wanted to know who Mole wanted as a 15 goal striker :lol:

I don't want anyone particularly, just someone who has a good track record who we can be comfortable knowing he'll probably score a decent amount.

I don't have a clue personally, just saying what I'd like to see from any new striker.

Problem is the decent, proven strikers are either out of our price range or won't come to us.  The options are basically an unproven striker, a second rate experienced striker or nobody.

Looking at players that scored more than 15 last season, every one of them are touted for over 20 million, no chance we are spending that.

Exactly.  We can say we need a proven, experienced goalscorer until the cowies come home but there's really nobody that fits that description who is attainable for us.  Unproven good prospects are probably the best of our choices at this moment.

Exactly.  We can say we need a proven, experienced goalscorer until the cowies come home but there's really nobody that fits that description who is attainable for us.  Unproven good prospects are probably the best of our choices at this moment.

If we are looking at players in bracket below then Riviere has around a 1 in 3 record, Ferreyra close to 1 in 2 last 2 clubs, Perez 1 in 2 last season. Nice to get better players but can see why we wouldn't spend 20 million on one and they won't come. What we need is a decent manager and coaches to develop the potential we have got

We will have two such strikers in Riviere and Ferreyra though. Anyone that comes in, especially with the numbers we have and considering we are unlikely to further expand on that, should be more established than a promising prospect.

What we need is a decent manager and coaches to develop the potential we have got

We don't have that unfortunately and it's unlikely to change anytime soon. Will Wickham improve with our current coaching setup?

What we need is a decent manager and coaches to develop the potential we have got

We don't have that unfortunately and it's unlikely to change anytime soon. Will Wickham improve with our current coaching setup?

Nope he will go backwards, same if we buy a top player

For me the number one priority is to get the defence sorted out. At the moment I cannot see us keeping many clean sheets. Rather we signed two top quality centre backs than any more forwards.

Guest ElCid

For me the number one priority is to get the defence sorted out. At the moment I cannot see us keeping many clean sheets. Rather we signed two top quality centre backs than any more forwards.

Need of both otherwise could be trouble ahead

Need of both otherwise could be trouble ahead

Def need a decent centre half and should have gone for Caulker.