NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's quite depressing really. I feel like a spoilt child seeing the club finally making sensible moves and all I can think of is that we need more. But a couple of youth prospects, a loan and replacing your best players with hopefully adequate new ones is not something we should get excited about. This is a club that has refused to sign anyone for nearly 2 years. Damn right they should be signing a lot of players. I only hope that after last seasons showing that these positive signs, like immediately replacing players, signing talented young players and actually having a replacement in the squad before you sell are the club changing their ways.

Fool me once though. Until proven otherwise all I see is a club that has managed the transfer window badly for a long time doing the minimum required.

The club put themselves in the position where they had no option but to go and bring in a ton of players.  Moving forward, it would make sense to make just one or two signings a window as you should always look to improve on what you have and you need to keep freshening up the squad.  They should never have allowed things to stagnate to the extent they did.

We've brought in more players than any one in the forum predicted. That, to me, is a good news. We need one more striker and then we need to sack Pardew.

Yep, more than i thought as well. We still need a creative CM and a CB on top of a new striker which you mentioned imo.

Think about the logic of having a manager where you buy players alien to the style the manager plays; likely because you don't trust his own judgement. However to trust him to get results that keep you in the league. It's pretty blatant that he has zero input. It still shows, despite signings, that they don't care. I refuse to believe such successful people are now incompetent now they are in football.

I don't think it was Kinnear's fault. He did exactly what was probably asked of him last summer in the same way Charnley or whoever is this year.

I guess they felt they did all of their business in January 2013. Was the tv money available last summer?

We'll have received the first payment of the new TV deal this summer.

Van Dijk would be lovely. We´ve been linked with him before too, so surely one we´re monitoring.

10M for a CB from the Scottish league,,,,No chance.

What possibly could go wrong

http://www.4thringroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/boumsong_emps205.jpg

Boumsong wasn't even that good at Rangers tbf :lol:

I really like Van Dijk, but he wasn't tested at all last season. In attack he's great but that shouldn't be a deciding factor in buying a defender. He's very much like David Luiz.

Given that Celtic have been pumped the last few games when against decent opposition I'd hold off.