NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The club doesn't want to go anywhere, on the basis of that We don't really need anyone, not unless we pick up a big injury, even then we'd probably just play it out. Even a key sale we could cope with as long as it's not Krul.

In: Gomis would be great but I'm not holding my breath. No chance of Remy the player himself won't commit he'll want to see what is on offer in the summer ie arsenal or Tottenham.

Out: Obertan, Cisse & Marv need to be moved on permanently while we need to get Sammy out on loan. Shola can go if Gomis comes in. Decent off for Cabaye and I think we could cope playing Anita.

I really can't see us signing anyone.

Pardew's comments foreshadow a transfer window with no signings or, at best, a thoroughly generous signing of Gomis that we should all be extremely grateful for. He really likes to champion last January too, whether it's claiming we spent double what we did or, this time, claiming it was really difficult. Er, we lost a game then signed five players immediately cos they were all pre-agreed for the summer. :lol:

Meh. No expectations for the coming transfer window, as usual. There's no speculating regarding the intentions of the 'sign-ers' at this club. Two or three quality additions could even give us a fighting chance of getting into the CL, but we took that punt before with Cisse and it had ungodly ramifications (EL qualification), so we won't do that again.

I'd be content if we got Gomis.

Barely even realized it was almost January. Two or three years back I'd be counting down the days till the window open. (And then again until it "slammed shut" and we signed nobody.) Dialing down expectations helps keep you sane.

Like Yorkie, I'd be content with anybody who'll push Shola out of the team. Anything else is a bonus and an extremely unlikely one at that.

:lol: "Good" when knowing full well there's a good chance we'll sign nobody.  Some very imperceptive people on here, it's been 5 or so years of this shit.

Should people be desperate for players they don't even think we should be signing based on the assumption we're unlikely to sign anyone?  If we're unlikely to sign anyone who cares what players we're linked with or what the Journal says on any potential transfer anyway?

:lol: "Good" when knowing full well there's a good chance we'll sign nobody.  Some very imperceptive people on here, it's been 5 or so years of this shit.

Should people be desperate for players they don't even think we should be signing based on the assumption we're unlikely to sign anyone?  If we're unlikely to sign anyone who cares what players we're linked with or what the Journal says on any potential transfer anyway?

Aye, considering we'll be playing Shola, Jonas and Obertan in their place.

Decent improvements to the squad over nobody at all thanks, see the summer when people were saying thank fuck we didn't sign this player or that player because they weren't the perfect signing.  Instead we bought nobody but these people were presumably still happy as Larry.

Their place?, does Zaha have multiple personality disorder or did I miss something?

I like how one occasion (when seriously threatened with relegation and on a run of 2 wins in 14) is now accepted as the norm.

We've actually bought in every January window since 2010.

So does just about every club in the football league. Whoopy-do.

The point is, just because we invested properly for the first time in years last January doesn't mean we'll do it again.

Their place?, does Zaha have multiple personality disorder or did I miss something?

Aye mate.

It felt obvious to me that we didn't sign anyone in the summer because we didn't sell Cabaye (or anyone else for reasonable money). Not sure why that situation would have changed. The club have absolutely no intention of spending money for any reason other than to preserve our league status, and I'm not sure how much more they could do to make that clear to us.