NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chester is shorter than Mbemba. No thank you.

So is Fabio Cannavaro... And Roberto Ayala...

And I'm sure he's just as good in every other department as them isn't he?

Nah, just sick of the argument about height. You can be great in the air even if your not 190cm.

If we are signing another centrw half its not a bad idea to sign one with some premier league experience. Not sure how it will work having 2 young foreign centebacks with no prem experience. That being said Id take 2 foreign centrebacks with no prem experience over the shower of shit we have now.

Need a left back and another CB on top of Mbemba. Defence just plainly isn't up to it with what's available.

This is it.  Another CB in addition to Mbemba is a must.  No reason to suggest he won't do well and seems to have all the attributes for the PL but he needs a solid partner

I don't think the point was entirely about his individual size, just that pairing two under 6 footers in the Premier League is asking to be sodomised

Bingo. I don't think you have to be big to be a CB, but I think a back four with not a single player over 6 foot is asking for bother against a lot of teams. Regardless of the lads height he is 27 this season and his experience in the Premier League is getting relegated with Hull.

Remember playing Danny Simspon at CB a few years back and getting absolutely bummed off Norwich, with that big gimp up front? With a back four of 5 footers even Arsenal would go route one against us.

Remember playing Danny Simspon at CB a few years back and getting absolutely bummed off Norwich, with that big gimp up front? With a back four of 5 footers even Arsenal would go route one against us.

Let's be honest they have been anyway :lol: Worked a treat as well.

Speaking of relegated Hull cast offs has no one been in for Huddlestone yet? If McLaren is wanting someone to sit and run the game I'd much rather have him than Carrick.

Class :lol:

Huddlestone has been atrocious for 2 season now.

I don't think the point was entirely about his individual size, just that pairing two under 6 footers in the Premier League is asking to be sodomised

Bingo. I don't think you have to be big to be a CB, but I think a back four with not a single player over 6 foot is asking for bother against a lot of teams. Regardless of the lads height he is 27 this season and his experience in the Premier League is getting relegated with Hull.

Well, we still have Tin Foil Mike...

Shawcross is unattainable I am sure, but he is the exact model of the player this club needs to sign. As things stand (with the Congolais boy still being sorted out and Tiote seemingly diminished), there is not one physically imposing player in the back 7 (Krul is not a physically dominant keeper). Even further up the pitch, there is only really Sissoko, unless Mitrovic adjusts and starts immediately.

Nah, just sick of the argument about height. You can be great in the air even if your not 190cm.

The Red Baron was 5ft 6.

Disgusting how this was overlooked.

The Red Baron was 5ft 6.

Douglas Bader was 3ft 9.