NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aye, but they probably won't be in a hurry to sell more attacking players now, and if they do, they'll want good money for them. Think we'd be looking at similar prices that we paid for Wijnaldum for him. Probably worth it for us, considering how bad we need a winger, but good luck telling that to our owner  :lol:

Unbelievable was saying he didn't think he was actually all that great...ie: peaked already? I was thinking he'd be first choice RW or hell, far far far far better than the shit we got. IE: is he really just all pace?

Anyway, him, Jetro and Abdennour if we don't sign them...will be added accordingly in the video games :lol:

Guest neesy111

There's so many unknown's that I can't predict how we'll do, although I do think people are overestimating the quality of our squad which I think has plenty of dross in it still.

We've got 15th written all over us lads, get ready for a wanktastic season ahead.

You think?

I think we'll be absolutely fine. One or two more quality additions and there's nothing stopping us having a good season.

Until we have two new CBs signed, sealed and delivered we'll do absolutely nothing. Knowing our regime like we do I won't hold my breath.

We've got 15th written all over us lads, get ready for a wanktastic season ahead.

We finished 15th last season with Pardew for one half and the biggest fucking idiot in PL history for the other, enduring one of the worst runs I've ever seen from a PL team.

We've since appointed an actual football manager (regardless of what you think of him, he is one, which can't be said for Carver), signed 3 players who will improve us, gained Aarons/De Jong from injury (who will also improve us) plus whatever else we get from now on. I'd personally be stunned if we didn't do better than last season.

Yes! Bye Obertan, Gouffran and Williamson.

McClaren has indicated there are likely to be exits before the season kicks off and it means it is decision time for squad players like Shane Ferguson, Gael Bigirimana, Haris Vuckic, Mehdi Abeid and Olivier Kemen.

Oh f*** off.

We finished 15th last season with Pardew for one half and the biggest f***ing idiot in PL history for the other, enduring one of the worst runs I've ever seen from a PL team.

We've since appointed an actual football manager (regardless of what you think of him, he is one, which can't be said for Carver), signed 3 players who will improve us, gained Aarons/De Jong from injury (who will also improve us) plus whatever else we get from now on. I'd personally be stunned if we didn't do better than last season.

Completely agree.

People seem to forget/ignore that last season we were without Papiss for a majority of it and barely saw De Jong/Aarons. We were effectively managerless for 50% of the season.

The three signings we have made seem good and in areas that we needed strengthening.

Two or three more signings in key positions before the end of the window and we could have a decent season ahead of us.

I have a feeling we'll do well in one of the cups if the club are serious on their stance.

Wouldn't be remotely surprised to see us in another relegation scrap, like. The board don't care, and whilst McClaren will provide a better buffer to prevent that mentality seeping into the squad than JC - the lack of desire still pulsates throughout the club from boardroom level. That causes switchoffs like what was so clearly evident last season.

I think we've got a bit of talent in a squad that is horrendously imbalanced between attack and defense, and lacking in quality depth. Four years of Carvdew will ensure that the football isn't going to improve immediately - compounded by another piece-of-shit pre-season schedule that helped no one - and our major signings haven't had enough time to settle.

We'll probably be fine but it's going to be a serious case of just muddling through this year. I'm relieved Pardew's gone and I've nothing against McClaren (yet), but the club's still a piece of shit and I'm prepared for another wank season.

I honestly think we'll finish anywhere from 8-11 this season. Our squad is looking better than it did last season and there is just some serious crap in the league at the moment. Once we ship off Sissoko and he stops taking up that RW spot and we get another CB in we'll be golden.

There's nothing special about any of the teams below the top 6, anyone could finish top 8 realistically it isn't that hard.

Carvers utter ineptitude has made people forget how bang average the rest of the league below Spurs and Liverpool is and hell even they are not all that really.

Which is why it's so frustrating seeing the lack of ambition it's really not as competitive and as strong as Sky etc will want you to believe.

You would think Everton, Swansea and Southampton are Arsenal level they way they are talked about at times.