NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With Shelvey I'd still worry slightly about the midfield working as an actual unit if he were to be paid with Anita or Colback

Yeah. Shelvey-Tiote is probably the right balance, if you seriously limit Tiote's remit on the ball. Of course, Cheik's not good enough either.

What we need is the type of big, athletic fuckers that Allardyce always seems to find with the ability to run box to box and compete physically in the right areas. Forget the name of the lad he had at west ham but someone like that.

With Shelvey I'd still worry slightly about the midfield working as an actual unit if he were to be paid with Anita or Colback

Yeah. Shelvey-Tiote is probably the right balance, if you seriously limit Tiote's remit on the ball. Of course, Cheik's not good enough either.

What we need is the type of big, athletic f***ers that Allardyce always seems to find with the ability to run box to box and compete physically in the right areas. Forget the name of the lad he had at west ham but someone like that.

Diame or Kouyate? You're right, though, we need 2 CMs. Capoue would've been perfect.

What we need is the type of big, athletic f***ers that Allardyce always seems to find with the ability to run box to box and compete physically in the right areas. Forget the name of the lad he had at west ham but someone like that.

Diame or Kouyate? You're right, though, we need 2 CMs. Capoue would've been perfect.

I think Diame is the one aye

How many CM's score a number of goals these days? How many are truly box to box? That breed seems to be dying in the game with someone like Delle Ali an exception. In fact the most complete CM's these days often, or have played at #10 or wide.. thinking Cazorla,  Ramsey Toure & Delle Ali. Even then, Cazorla and Toure are primarily "passers" dictating play. I'd put Kroos & Modric in that mould.

That seems to be one of two types of CM's these days. The passers & the tough tackling. The Pogba's, Toure & Delle Alli seem fairly rare. While when everyone's fit Ramsey isn't trusted at CM. Think Cabaye is a good example of a modern CM. A good passer who has the ability to score but is positionally very disciplined in position. From the Swansea board Shelvey lacks that discipline. IN the short term, anyone that can pass the ball forward at CM and attempt the occasional key pass would improve us. But I think we would struggle to ever build a functioning side with a Shelvey type player if he doesn't learn that side of the game.

I don't think Shelvey's great or anything but he would certainly improve us, he does certainly lack the discipline of doing a defensive job in central midfield that Cabaye had, he basically wants to be a no 10, i'd much prefer Perez there but honestly he'd still add a lot to us replacing Colback or Anita, not like they're that defensively strong anyway

I rate Kouyate much higher than Diame personally. From what i've seen Diame is like a downgrade CM version of Sissoko. Meaning, the quality and strength on show is even more inconsistent than Moussa. But has a lot of the same weaknesses (but again, worse) in an even more important part of the pitch.

Kouyate on the other hand seems a very steady player who would be great for us at CM, DM or CB. Limited views of him against often better teams admittedly. But he seems to be a disciplined CM that can compete physically. Alongside a Shelvey it might  be interesting. Of course - pie in the sky talk. Just that physical but disciplined CM alongside a better passer is a good direction to go in imo.

I don't think Shelvey's great or anything but he would certainly improve us, he does certainly lack the discipline of doing a defensive job in central midfield that Cabaye had, he basically wants to be a no 10, i'd much prefer Perez there but honestly he'd still add a lot to us replacing Colback or Anita, not like they're that defensively strong anyway

Aye. An improvement for sure.

I get confused where some of fans think we are or should be in the league. You're as only as good as the squad you have, right now we are relegation candidates based on current squad. It could quickly turn in to a mid-table Everton side, but it would take some real quality signings to get to a top 8 challenging team.

For a while I thought our issues was more coaching and tactical, but the more I watch these lads fail to do it, I start to realise that we don't have a spine of winners with enough quality for that. A lot of our players have potential to grow in a decent side, but they won't in our current team.

So Shelvey, I get why a top 6 side wouldn't look at him, but for anything below that he's decent. He has attacking drive, strong, tall, plays a range of passing and scores goals. Has a good engine on him. I'd love him here based on where we are right now. I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't, unless they really can't see him improving us.

Guest neesy111

Even if we do sign anyone in this window I can see them being signed towards the end of January, by that time a month of games have passed where they could have been effective for us.

Dat wages saved.

I get confused where some of fans think we are or should be in the league. You're as only as good as the squad you have, right now we are relegation candidates based on current squad. It could quickly turn in to a mid-table Everton side, but it would take some real quality signings to get to a top 8 challenging team.

For a while I thought our issues was more coaching and tactical, but the more I watch these lads fail to do it, I start to realise that we don't have a spine of winners with enough quality for that. A lot of our players have potential to grow in a decent side, but they won't in our current team.

So Shelvey, I get why a top 6 side wouldn't look at him, but for anything below that he's decent. He has attacking drive, strong, tall, plays a range of passing and scores goals. Has a good engine on him. I'd love him here based on where we are right now. I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't, unless they really can't see him improving us.

Our squad has certainly shown that it's better than the league position, it clearly is, however I don't think we are top 8 material without a number of signings. The squad we have got are better than the position that we are in, it's just a case of getting them to show up.

Guest neesy111

Our squad has certainly shown that it's better than the league position, it clearly is, however I don't think we are top 8 material without a number of signings. The squad we have got are better than the position that we are in, it's just a case of getting them to show up.

It's not better than the position shows, our form the a whole 12 months has been rotten.