NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The league as a whole is dreadful this year.  More open and entertaining, perhaps. 

I agree with Kanji.  The majority of the bottom half is pretty s***.  There are teams in the top half who haven't even been particularly great this season.  It's so inconsistent. 

I've not looked at the table for a while.  I don't dare!  But with the way everyone is taking points off each other.  I'm sure a mini run of form could shoot us up the league.  I'm sure we can go on a run of form.  We just need to start scoring, stop conceding horrible goals and actually go into games with a plan :lol:

Disagree entirely that the league is awful like. You've got mid-table teams with the likes of Lukaku, Deulofeu, Barkley....Shaqiri, Bojan, Arnautovic....Cabaye, Zaha, Bolasie.

I think it's the best the league has ever been. Teams can beat the 'top' sides more regularly as a result and everything seems closer.

The league as a whole is dreadful this year.  More open and entertaining, perhaps. 

I agree with Kanji.  The majority of the bottom half is pretty s***.  There are teams in the top half who haven't even been particularly great this season.  It's so inconsistent. 

I've not looked at the table for a while.  I don't dare!  But with the way everyone is taking points off each other.  I'm sure a mini run of form could shoot us up the league.  I'm sure we can go on a run of form.  We just need to start scoring, stop conceding horrible goals and actually go into games with a plan [emoji38]

Disagree entirely that the league is awful like. You've got mid-table teams with the likes of Lukaku, Deulofeu, Barkley....Shaqiri, Bojan, Arnautovic....Cabaye, Zaha, Bolasie.

I think it's the best the league has ever been. Teams can beat the 'top' sides more regularly as a result and everything seems closer.

I agree with this, it's levelled out a lot and is loads more competitive. Reckon the overall quality and entertainment value has been canny this year as well. Might be a result of the increased telly money for the also-rans, coupled with the waste we've seen from the recent top sides.

I'd rather have a league like this than the ones we've seen in recent years, just a shame NUFC can't be arsed to be a part of it.

Kristan Heneage ‏@KHeneage 5m5 minutes ago

RMC sport claiming #NUFC and Loic Remy are now in discussions over a loan deal. It would boost their survival hopes significantly.

Would be delighted with that. RMC are usually accurate too.

Trying to find it now on their website but can't find anything. Did see this from last month though...was this ever mentioned? :lol:

Looks like we must be back onto our 2011 wishlist.

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/m-bengue-interesse-newcastle-et-watford-935548.html

Disco Bingo is in overdrive with this one too. Out of contract in June, Frenchman of African descent....kaching.

The quality is bang average, which is why teams like Leicester are at the top. It's more competitive and therefore maybe more entertaining as nearly everyone has dragged it down to the same mediocre standard but there's nothing quality about it objectively.

NUFC being morons aside, it would be a canny move for him if he's trying to get into the France squad. Guaranteed starts and a few players around him that would complement his style, at a club he's already scored loads of goals at. Seems too good to be true, I'll never be ecstatic about stopgap signings but needs-must.

The quality is bang average, which is why teams like Leicester are at the top. It's more competitive and therefore maybe more entertaining as nearly everyone has dragged it down to the same mediocre standard but there's nothing quality about it objectively.

Again, disagree. They're at the top because Vardy & Mahrez have been phenomenal, and teams who ordinarily wouldn't be good enough to beat the big clubs, are able to take points off them without it being a surprise due to them now having genuine quality.

Again, disagree. They're at the top because Vardy & Mahrez have been phenomenal, and teams who ordinarily wouldn't be good enough to beat the big clubs, are able to take points off them without it being a surprise.

They have been phenomenal yes, but part of it is down to the league as a whole is worse thus making it easier for that level of player. Mahrez was in the league last year and i don't remember him looking like this.

Agree to disagree, but i think it's more down to the traditional big teams being significantly worse than it is the league as a whole being better. It's more competitive due to that but i don't think it's of a higher quality personally.

The top scorer list is a whole while a breath of fresh air to a point is an indictment on the standard IMO.

I've not looked at the table for a while.  I don't dare!  But with the way everyone is taking points off each other.  I'm sure a mini run of form could shoot us up the league.  I'm sure we can go on a run of form.  We just need to start scoring, stop conceding horrible goals and actually go into games with a plan [emoji38]

I agree with this, it's levelled out a lot and is loads more competitive. Reckon the overall quality and entertainment value has been canny this year as well. Might be a result of the increased telly money for the also-rans, coupled with the waste we've seen from the recent top sides.

I'd rather have a league like this than the ones we've seen in recent years, just a shame NUFC can't be arsed to be a part of it.

Agreed it's been a laugh.

Top teams in the division are 2nd and 3rd tier in Europe. The rest of the league has teams with a few players of great quality. Super entertaining. the teams aren't quality but often the entertainment and attacking is.

The worst 14 teams in the division all have far more quality comparatively than they would a decade ago. Far more. In La Liga the bottom 10 sides don't have near this much quality. No idea about Germany or Italy but I reckon the same is true.

@Mole - no way are the worst 15 teams in the Bundesliga better than that in the PL. No way are the worst 15 teams in the PL a decade ago have as much quality as they do today.

It's a 2 pronged situation with quality rising at one end and falling at the other. If the best teams got worse and everyone else was mediocre it would play out like Serie A 3-6 years ago. Same teams still in the top echelons of the league but performing poorly in Europe.

You really do insist on talking shit about the PL all the time like, Mole.

Look at the rubbish that have managed to finish in the top 4 in other leagues recently. Leicester might scrape 6th but I doubt it.

You really do insist on talking s*** about the PL all the time like, Mole.

Look at the rubbish that have managed to finish in the top 4 in other leagues recently. Leicester might scrape 6th but I doubt it.

Two newly promoted clubs in the top 8 of La Liga too. Must be as bad as the Premier League. :yao:

The quality is worse at the top than it usually is but across the league the quality is definitely higher than it was