Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 14/09/13 - post-match reaction from page 33

Beren

How many opportunities has Pardew had to pick that starting XI? An awful lot of 'Pardew FINALLY picking the right team' comments.

Not so much the 11, more the system (4-3-3, Hatem further up field, Siss/Cabs/Vur in the middle etc), and no long balls. He could have done that stuff ages ok but refused and persisted with 4-2-3-1 and launch ball.

Surely you can see that.

:thup:

Up until a few hours ago he's picked Taylor, Jonas and Tiote by choice practically every week he possibly could, and we've played a grim 4-4-2. Shola usually involved in that too

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/14/article-2420157-1BD0FBCE000005DC-758_634x423.jpg

Appreciate the sentiment and all that but that's shite :lol:

:lol: What's their obsession with whipping out the bedsheets for us? Hope the daft cunts enjoyed watching their team get embarrassed.

Eh? That's our lot. :lol:

Am at a wedding today with no reception so had to follow the game from afar. Saying that, as soon as I saw our starting line up I had a tenner on an away win.

No free bar tonight but at least my drinks are paid for :D

Sounds like a shit wedding tbh

Guest bimpy474

How many opportunities has Pardew had to pick that starting XI? An awful lot of 'Pardew FINALLY picking the right team' comments.

Not so much the 11, more the system (4-3-3, Hatem further up field, Siss/Cabs/Vur in the middle etc), and no long balls. He could have done that stuff ages ok but refused and persisted with 4-2-3-1 and launch ball.

Surely you can see that.

:thup:

Up until a few hours ago he's picked Taylor, Jonas and Tiote by choice practically every week he possibly could, and we've played a grim 4-4-2. Shola usually involved in that too

Exactly that's what i was getting at, Tiote ahead of Anita, Jonas and Tiote picking no matter how bad they were playing. 4-2-3-1 which we've never played well using ever, direct balls at Cisse.

It's not really about Remy or Ba, it's about the passing and movement, switching to a formation that clearly suits the squad etc.

That's not really what people are saying, it's that he's repeatedly picked the wrong team with the players available to him.  People aren't expecting him to play players that are injured.

I'm really happy with the last 2 performances (and obviously results) and hope we stick to that lineup when everyone's fit.  Apart from Gouffran perhaps in for Cisse, given the form they're both in.

Fair enough :thup: A losing team is always going to be the wrong team. Honestly get the feeling though that today was the type of performance that Pardew has been working towards and we're likely to see more of the same.

I'd keep Cisse in tbh. Hasn't done much of late but think a front 3 of Remy/Barfa/Gouffran would be too much of the same type of player.

Am at a wedding today with no reception so had to follow the game from afar. Saying that, as soon as I saw our starting line up I had a tenner on an away win.

:lol:

Sounds like a s*** wedding tbh

Villa were very motivated for the first 25 mins of the 2nd half. Really came at us, just like last year. You could sense they were going to score. After that though i thought we really limited their opportunities, forced them to play sh*t simple balls our back 4 could read. Was very pleased with the discipline and shape of our midfield. I was worried we would get stretched but we stayed close through the middle. Anita'a positioning was very good. Moussa is an animal. He can also play.

Thought you could just tell we had the extra quality. Remy and HBA were always dangerous and Villa didn't give them enough respect tbh, let us run down the flanks all game. Our midfield was better than theirs and our back 4 dealt with their front 3 better than their back 4 dealt with ours. That's it really, we were just better :lol:

Guest bimpy474

There you go GD

http://i.imgur.com/SEVsMmn.png

That's excellent movement.

Something we've been seriously missing, and the last two games have been very encouraging on that front.