Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 14/09/13 - post-match reaction from page 33

Beren

Guest bimpy474

last season was a bad measure of us, as we didnt have a big enough squad to play in europe and it affected our league form- this will be put right this season, IMO.  8th

Sorry but no, while fatigued is a factor. Fatigued is not a factor in getting your team to play defensive, long ball, boring, set penis shitness, 4-2-3-1 etc etc etc.

Come on, you dont really blame that on the Europa do you.

last season was a bad measure of us, as we didnt have a big enough squad to play in europe and it affected our league form- this will be put right this season, IMO.  8th

Sorry but no, while fatigued is a factor. Fatigued is not a factor in getting your team to play defensive, long ball, boring, set penis shitness, 4-2-3-1 etc etc etc.

It's like groundhog day today with all of the old excuses getting a new airing.  :lol:

MOTD at 10.30pm: 1.Sund/Arsenal 2.Eve/Chelsea 3.Spurs/Nor 4.ManU/Palace 5.Villa/Newcastle 6.Stoke/M.City 7.Hull/Cardiff 8.Fulham/WBA

I would have thought the Man City game would be last, but apparently not.

Guest bimpy474

It's like groundhog day today with all of the old excuses getting a new airing.  :lol:

I'm baffled how people think we cant play like we did today last season because of the Europa league. Genuinely baffled by it.

:lol:  just testing.

Guest bimpy474

:lol:  just testing.

Why you little  :angry:

:lol:

Great result today but can you imagine if we had pushed the boat out and signed Aubameyang (he scored another 2 today ) to give competition up front .

Great result today but can you imagine if we had pushed the boat out and signed Aubameyang (he scored another 2 today ) to give competition up front .

A good season certainly wouldn't change my opinion on our transfer activity this summer.

I think possibly one of the reasons we didn't go 4-3-3 as much at the start of last season, and I'm thinking inside Pardew's head here mind not what I'd have done, but start of last season Ba started like a house on fire scoring wise while Cisse struggled. Potentially if Cisse had scored a few early on he might not have panicked and switch to 4-4-2 or Cisse out wide for a few games.

How many opportunities has Pardew had to pick that starting XI? An awful lot of 'Pardew FINALLY picking the right team' comments.

Erm, last season?

Remy didn't play for us last season mate.

He was vital today anarl. Keep this front 3 fit and it'll be a canny season.

I think possibly one of the reasons we didn't go 4-3-3 as much at the start of last season, and I'm thinking inside Pardew's head here mind not what I'd have done, but start of last season Ba started like a house on fire scoring wise while Cisse struggled. Potentially if Cisse had scored a few early on he might not have panicked and switch to 4-4-2 or Cisse out wide for a few games.

Wigan 0-4, tbh. There were other circumstances like favouring Ba, etc, but that Wigan game is the main reason we scrapped the 4-3-3 and set the ball rolling Partizan-style where Pardew is concerned.

Apart from the obvious majestic performance from Ben Arfa, I thought Yanga-Mbiwa was outstanding today.

He snuffed out potential threat after potential threat on the half way line without breaking a sweat. His reading of the game and explosive pace could see him develop into a world class defender. Much calmer today in possession as well. If Ben Arfa was 10/10, Mapou wasn't too far behind IMO.

Debuchy, Sissoko and Remy had excellent games, and Anita stood out in midfield once again, without actually being noticed (if that makes sense). Put in the tackle to win the ball to set Remy on his way for the first goal.

Gouffran is an extremely intelligent footballer and a cult hero.

Cabaye and Cisse were relatively poor I thought, but both still worked their socks off pressing the opposition.

Villa were decent IMO, and they have more about them than they did at times last season. They are a tad one-dimensional though and I'm not sure if it's the lack of experience, or a lack of variety of personnel. Probably a combination of the two.

Fucking get in. I really hope we put out the same team against Hull and put 4 or 5 past them.