The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Flimsier than paper that @Froggy, Krafth wouldn’t cost a fee whereas McTominay makes meaningful contributions for Man Utd and Scotland and would happily prop up West Ham’s midfield. McTominay v Brentford at home for you lot was more than Krafth has accomplished in his whole NUFC career.

That was a joke. :lol: McTominay has his uses. Please buy him.

Man Utd will continue to be a mess next season as ETH has no clue who he wants in his side or how they play. Guy start of season was happy to discard McTominay, ended up being a key player and saving him loads. Hojlund ended the season as back up to Fernandes who was playing false 9. Fernandes and Mount can’t be in same team, unless you play Mount RW. Defence was fixated on Varane/Martinez being available, when they were ran through by Wolves and Brentford start of season.

Think the best people will see of ETH was first season, and that involved not winning away to any of the top 9 sides. Cups do the heavy lifting, which he’s shown he can be a good pragmatic manager in one off games, but it’s also needed to come with constant home draws along the way. 

I admire any Man Utd fans who stick behind him, but for me, it’s a blessing for Newcastle. One more side we should be confident of finishing above next season.

4 minutes ago, 80 said:

Not sure how people get drawn into this every single time.

Boredom generally, never get tired of seeing @Froggy trying to firefight and spin how hard Man Utd have had it, the plucky upstarts they are. Same way people watch that car crash Goldbridge, it’s all tongue in cheek entertainment.

18 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

ETH has no clue who he wants in his side or how they play

Yes he does. Part of the problem was him continuing to play his football which wasn't possible given the players we had available, because of a mountain of injuries.

19 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Guy start of season was happy to discard McTominay

As he should have been. He only played so much because of injuries.

20 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Hojlund ended the season as back up to Fernandes who was playing false 9.

Hojlund is 21. He's had a few injuries this season. He played way too much. I was delighted to see Hojlund protected a bit more, and when he came off the bench he was far more effective to close out the season. He would have played less but we didn't have a backup striker, because of injuries.

21 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Fernandes and Mount can’t be in same team, unless you play Mount RW.

Of course they can, but you need a high quality defensive midfielder, which we didn't have due to a mixture of Casemiro's legs falling off and because of injuries.

23 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

when they were ran through by Wolves and Brentford start of season

Wolves I'll give you, but Brentford?

image.thumb.png.43142af2db103e1ad506cc9adf4102b7.png

I Can Do This All Day GIF

17 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Boredom generally, never get tired of seeing @Froggy trying to firefight and spin how hard Man Utd have had it, the plucky upstarts they are. Same way people watch that car crash Goldbridge, it’s all tongue in cheek entertainment.

The entertainment is all mine, believe me. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Boring every single time as well.

That's your opinion. Just because you disagree with that's being said doesn't mean others aren't enjoying the engagement.

I find comments like yours and 80's boring, and find my own to be incredibly riveting.

Sancho has not been poor for Dortmund. Took him a while to get some fitness and sharpness back tbf.

Ask Dortmund fans if they want to keep him…..

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

Sancho has not been poor for Dortmund. Took him a while to get some fitness and sharpness back tbf.

Ask Dortmund fans if they want to keep him…..

I'm friends with multiple Dortmund season ticket holders. :lol: I watch all of their games and have been multiple times myself. I love Dortmund. 

They do want to keep him, but more because of how good he was before. He hasn't been good since he came back aside from two or three games. He was good in the CL semi, but was horrible in the final. Two assists and two goals in 20+ games for Dortmund, in a league that has about 4 good defenders. It's interesting you say that he took a while to get fitness and sharpness back, because IMO his best performances aside from the CL semi were his first few games back. He tailed off again after that.

The hope is that they can pick him up for cheap, and he rediscovers his form from a few years ago. They don't want to pay more than €20m for a permanent transfer though and would prefer to get him on loan again. I can't see either happening. Hoping he goes to West Ham or something for £40m.

ETH is a good manager. Think they are doing the right thing to stand by him. Would have loved it if they sacked him and got Southgate instead.

5 minutes ago, Conjo said:

ETH is a good manager. Think they are doing the right thing to stand by him. Would have loved it if they sacked him and got Southgate instead.

Yeah I’m the same. I wouldn’t be surprised if they kicked on this season. 

19 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I'm not sure I could have survived Southgate. :lol: 

If the measure for Man United's relative success is now to do better than a Newcastle United who haven't won anything in 50 odd years and therefore our pisstaking is strange, then please be our guest like. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I'm friends with multiple Dortmund season ticket holders. :lol: I watch all of their games and have been multiple times myself. I love Dortmund. 

They do want to keep him, but more because of how good he was before. He hasn't been good since he came back aside from two or three games. He was good in the CL semi, but was horrible in the final. Two assists and two goals in 20+ games for Dortmund, in a league that has about 4 good defenders. It's interesting you say that he took a while to get fitness and sharpness back, because IMO his best performances aside from the CL semi were his first few games back. He tailed off again after that.

The hope is that they can pick him up for cheap, and he rediscovers his form from a few years ago. They don't want to pay more than €20m for a permanent transfer though and would prefer to get him on loan again. I can't see either happening. Hoping he goes to West Ham or something for £40m.

Yeah, I love Dortmund too and watch whenever I can.

I know that league isn’t the best but it’s not like it’s the Scottish Prem or the like. 

He’s definitely shown he can play at a high level. He’s a very good player when comfortable in the right environment and confident in himself and those around him. Dortmund don’t have the finances to buy him back unless it’s a very, very low package. Especially the wages….

I don’t really know what went wrong at Manu, I doubt anyone outside those involved truly knows but it’s a shame for Sancho and England. Your club, with all due respect i couldn’t care less 😘.

But Sancho IS a player. Propaganda to suggest otherwise.

Btw, can’t agree he was best in his 1st few games. He was trying a bit too hard and hadn’t settled with his new teammates. He has always liked overlapping FBs to give him space and options. Ryerson  and Maatsen weren’t at the club when he was there. They all needed some time and practice to know each others games.

Worth noting, I'm well aware how good Sancho can be. His issues aren't his ability. He has a well documented and proven record of poor discipline both at Dortmund and us. I'm happy for players like that to leave, and if we can recoup £40m for him I would get rid of him without a second thought. I'd sell Rashford for the same if I could. 

Sancho + £20m (from Greenwood money) would get us a player like Olise, which I'd be delighted with.

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

This is blatantly untrue. The players never downed tools for Ten Hag, and he has the support of almost all of our players. They wanted him to stay. 

Sancho and Rashford are the only two. You're asked to run in a Ten Hag team, and they're two of the laziest players I've ever seen. People are acting like Ten Hag is in the wrong because Sancho dribbled past Nuno Mendes a few times in the Champions League semi, but the reality is that he has been poor for Dortmund and he's been shit under multiple managers for us. He'll be sold regardless. 

And again, not a single solitary mention in this thread about how we were forced to play Casemiro and Jonny Evans at centre back with no recognised left back. :lol: as if that has no impact on how we played. Anyone who watched the FA Cup seen how important Martinez is for the way Ten Hag wants to play. 

No disrespect, but 100+ injuries in two seasons, 30+ different back fours this season, and you're all laughing at a manger who's won us two cups while you haven't won anything in 50 years. It's incredibly strange. 

Fair play you obviously see more of your team, what I would say is I’m not laughing at Ten Hag I’m sympathising with him. From what I could see there was more than Rashford & Sancho going through the motions, Casemiro to me was a disgrace when he literally let players waltz past him (Burnley at Old Trafford in the middle of the pitch) which was nothing to do with where he was playing and everything to do with lack of effort. Even Mainoo away to Palace for that first goal, he’s barley running when ‘chasing’ Olise, it’s ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

Fair play you obviously see more of your team, what I would say is I’m not laughing at Ten Hag I’m sympathising with him. From what I could see there was more than Rashford & Sancho going through the motions, Casemiro to me was a disgrace when he literally let players waltz past him (Burnley at Old Trafford in the middle of the pitch) which was nothing to do with where he was playing and everything to do with lack of effort. Even Mainoo away to Palace for that first goal, he’s barley running when ‘chasing’ Olise, it’s ridiculous.

I genuinely just think Casemiro has gone to shit. Although from decent sources he wasn't injured for the final and instead threw the head up because he wouldn't be playing so if he wasn't checked out before he will be now. He's almost certainly played his last game from the club if PIF can help us shift him.

If you say a bad word about Mainoo again though I will find you and I will hurt you.

Edited by Froggy