The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

14 minutes ago, astraguy said:

always thought he was replacing pep, be insane if he announces his off tomorrow 

He's not good enough at this moment in time.

Not being funny but thought he was overrated... Overachieved last season aye, but there  where they should be now... mid table....

Think its a case of being a foreign manager that your more desirable, no idea why he is being linked way the big jobs I.e Liverpool, and Howe isn't, thank God howe isn't, but it just annoys me, what howe done way Bournemouth, the brink of non league to prem in 6 seasons way a spell at Burnley in between.... then the job he's done with us, if his name was Eddie van der Howe  or Eduardo de Howe, he would be linked with the biggest jobs in world football

This is the problem with a selling club, if all the players and manager know anyone is available for the right offer there’s no incentive to stay long term - and as no one else will stay you’d be a mug to be the one who decides to stick around.

Build your reputation and f’off, managers and players 

58 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He's not good enough at this moment in time.

Always sounded like a Watford appointment. Good for 3 games then owners get itchy after a loss or two

His entire CV says he never sticks around for long.

He's done ok at Brighton, but I don't think they'd have been much worse off had Potter stuck around.

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

His entire CV says he never sticks around for long.

He's done ok at Brighton, but I don't think they'd have been much worse off had Potter stuck around.

Potter had them on an upward trajectory. A nice position to join a team in. 

He is capable of at least having a go at a top club, he’s highly rated for good reason.

I get the feeling he’s been burnt out with the Brighton project this season as there was no longevity there.

Lunacy if Chewce bin off Pochettino despite him clearly steering them back onto the straight and narrow. 6th is a good achievement for them given where they were in the winter; they've only lost once in the last 14 games and that was at the Emirates. That they might replace him with a rookie with no experience in top tier football would be absolutely backward. 

If you're someone like McKenna then you only need to look at Potter to know that you should stay well, well clear of that awful shit-tip of a club. 

Fucking Chelsea man, Poch has done a great job to steady the ship and can see them being a real problem for clubs trying to qualify for champions league but nah Big Todd is getting bored already. Such an awful club

Chelsea getting rid of Poch would be utterly insane. He's surely at least met if not exceeded expectations?

The days of spending money automatically meaning you're challenging for the title are long gone.