The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Presume we can't compare them until Old Trafford is full again

This isn't funny. Nobody has laughed the 4/5 times you've tried it. Go back to the drawing board.

You have to give Ole this season tbf. Can judge his performance then, unless they go on a disaster run or something.

This is exactly it. Bad result tonight but still 6 out of 9 which we'd have snapped your hand off for when the fixtures were drawn.

If we lose against Everton he'll be under pressure. Will need 9 from 9 against West Brom, West Ham and Southampton or the board will think about it.

Worst case scenario is Ole is sacked and Poch comes in pretty much straight away.

Presume we can't compare them until Old Trafford is full again

This isn't funny. Nobody has laughed the 4/5 times you've tried it. Go back to the drawing board.

Haven’t seen someone rattle like this since Rio Ferdinand had to come off the coke.

:lol: it was one of the daftest things I've read on here for a while

That 70,000 home fans matter to home results? :lol: Incredibly daft if you think otherwise.

“Sometimes you wonder, do they understand the game of football. We’re 1-0 up, then there are one or two stray passes and they’re getting on players’ backs. It’s just not on.

At the end of the day they need to get behind the team. Away from home our fans are fantastic, I’d call them the hardcore fans.

But at home they have a few drinks and probably the prawn sandwiches, and they don’t realise what’s going on out on the pitch.

I don’t think some of the people who come to Old Trafford can spell ‘football’, never mind understand it.“

Not to mention every other team having zero fans in the stadium also kind of levels the playing field?

Your best period since OGS become permanent manager came when there were no fans. You couldn't beat quite a few poor teams last season even with fans in the ground

Best period was when he first took over. Easily. The best football we've played since Fergie and 10 wins in his first 12 league games.

And if we're using that logic then your result against us would have been different with 52,000 fans in the ground

It absolutely would have. Fairly sure you beat us a few times at home in the last few years. Absolute madness to say having 52,000 home fans cheering you on wouldn't help you, even if the support is a bit damp at the minute.

So how come the results at the end of last season weren't being influenced by a lack of crowd but now they are this season?

Who said they weren't? I think results were affected by a lot of different factors at the end of last season for all teams. We were just one of the ones who seemed to benefit.

I'm not using it as a sole excuse like. I'm not happy with how things are going right now.

Man Utd got into Top 4 last season, which was the minimum requirement. Let's see how this season goes, before judgement on Ole.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Was a bad result last night, but they win the return home game, and they're on 9 points with 2 games to go, and in a strong position.

Please let Ole have this season and next, and the one after.

This. No idea why there seems to be this idea that Ole can somehow be compared to Klopp, but I'm sure plenty of their rivals would agree he should be given as long as possible to decide one way or the other. Just seems to be a manc version of Glenn Roeder IMO, but hey by all means give him time.

Let's be honest: posters like to try and rattle Froggy on this subject. Lot of group nibbling going on.

I'm not saying Ole will turn out to be a success. But after going 14 games unbeaten at the end of last season, and finishing 3rd place, he clearly deserves this season. Let's say they finish 3rd, get to Champions League Semi-Finals, and win FA Cup. Should he be sacked then? Is that a successful enough season?

Joey already mentioned it but you could make an argument that a team like Dortmund maybe gains a percentage from the crowd, but they are doing great this season.

Dortmund have had fans in the ground for their home games this season. Said the same to Joey. It has indeed benefitted them. Have friends in Dortmund, they think it's massive. Obviously our fans can't be compared to Dortmunds, but the principle is the same.

Newcastle was probably a bad example as half the fans in the ground don't even want to be there.

I don’t really see the relevance of that, people are allowed to disagree, and the reasons people have given are perfectly legitimate.  Should he be sacked after that? Don’t know. Mourinho was sacked for achieving way more, but presently that doesn’t seem like happening anyway.  I don’t think it’s unfair to judge a manager when he’s been there the time OGS, not even remotely. It’s not just on this board it’s happening. 

People definitely have a nibble for the sake of it. You haven't been like that when it would be easy to so fair play.

People are looking solely at results at the moment, and they're within their rights to do so. Ole has brought a lot more to the club which people outside the club don't really give a shit about. There's a stark contrast between him and Jose. Regardless of whether or not Ole lasts the season, he's laid a brilliant foundation for the next manager IMO. Jose left a wasteland full of despair.

Joey already mentioned it but you could make an argument that a team like Dortmund maybe gains a percentage from the crowd, but they are doing great this season.

Dortmund have had fans in the ground for their home games this season. Said the same to Joey. It has indeed benefitted them. Have friends in Dortmund, they think it's massive. Obviously our fans can't be compared to Dortmunds, but the principle is the same.

Newcastle was probably a bad example as half the fans in the ground don't even want to be there.

It was 9% though, and I think they've been banned again. I don't think the principle is the same, I don't think fans in stadiums has as much effect as people think. West Ham better, Us better, Sunderland better, Southampton better, Villa better, correltaion is not causation I think its more likely those teams got better, and you got worse. The fans thing is always overplayed, we've been blamed for our team being shite for fucking years lol

I genuinely think the season is fucked. It's not an excuse for us to be as shit as we have been in the league, but Liverpool losing 7-2. City aren't far ahead of us. It's a weird one.

Reports will be coming thick and fast about Poch now anyway. Ole has a couple of weeks to save his job. I'll be gutted to see him go but as I said above he's done more for the club than any of our managers post Fergie. It's not all about trophies.

If Froggy didn’t come on here with patronising dribble about OGS not spending money, that the reason they’re not doing well is because of the lack of crowds, that it’s all the Glazers fault, that you can clearly see what OGS is trying to do etc etc, then maybe people wouldn’t nibble so much. The fact that there is legitimate talk about him being sacked means that the owners can see what Froggy himself can’t- that there is no plan, no discipline, completely inconsistent results, and he’s getting nowhere near enough out of a billion pound squad.

If Froggy didn’t come on here with patronising dribble about OGS not spending money, that the reason they’re not doing well is because of the lack of crowds, that it’s all the Glazers fault, that you can clearly see what OGS is trying to do etc etc, then maybe people wouldn’t nibble so much. The fact that there is legitimate talk about him being sacked means that the owners can see what Froggy himself can’t- that there is no plan, no discipline, completely inconsistent results, and he’s getting nowhere near enough out of a billion pound squad.

I'm not convinced on Ole, but this is a tad harsh.  :lol:

Was there no plan when they went 14 games unbeaten at end of Premier League last season? They've recently won 10 out of 10 away games - all luck was it?

Hasn't he also got the best we've ever seen out of Rashford and Martial? And also brought Greenwood through well last season.

Pogba is the one guy really letting him down right now and the central defenders are bad, and we're not improved upon, which he wanted I believe.