The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

You're all a bunch of hypocrites based on all your points. Newcastle have won f*** all for 50 years.

Stoke are a bigger club than Newcastle.

This tbh. Real Madrid imo are bigger but not by much five of those champions leagues are a bit dodgy aswell Franco etc. I’d like to see how Real Madrid would be if they were owned by the Glazers

You agree stoke are a bigger club than us? Via what metric?

No. I agree with the rest though.

Aye, the Glazers have never backed the managers...

31 players have been bought who cost over £20m in that time (including Pogba, Mkhitaryn, Bailly, Lukaku, Matic, Lindelof, Sanchez, Fred, Maguire, Fernandez, Wan-Bissaka, Van de Beek, Van Persie, Berbatov, Anderson, Mata, Fellaini, Di Maria, Shaw, Herrera, Martial, Schneiderlin, Depay etc etc all costing many times over £20m!).

It’s obviously all the Glazer’s fault, and not at all the various managers and recruitment teams in that time....laughable.

Dortmund have the highest average attendance in Europe and have won their 3 home games this season on an aggregate score of 10-0

Had fans for them haven't they?

Your best period under OGS came when there haven't been any crowds :lol:

Old Trafford was such a fortress with crowds that you couldn't beat Burnley, Palace, Villa, Everton there last season

Nope. Surely our best period under Ole was when he first came in and broke all the records?

We are capable of losing with crowds also I will admit. The crowd matters. Madness to say otherwise.

Starting eleven in their last game cost £410m, and included three academy graduates. But no, Ole hasn't been backed in the transfer market :lol:

I'm not quite sure how that's relevant at all. We were already committed to buying Maguire and Wan-Bissaka before Ole had any say. The only signing on the pitch that was Ole's was Fernandes.

You're acting like Ole spent £410m. He didn't.

You're forgetting that the lack of crowds is 'huge' for them

It's big for everyone but we have the second highest average attendance in Europe. To suggest it's not a factor is borderline retarded.

Ole became manager in December '18, Maguire signed for you in fucking August of 2019 :lol:

Dortmund have the highest average attendance in Europe and have won their 3 home games this season on an aggregate score of 10-0

Had fans for them haven't they?

Your best period under OGS came when there haven't been any crowds :lol:

Old Trafford was such a fortress with crowds that you couldn't beat Burnley, Palace, Villa, Everton there last season

Nope. Surely our best period under Ole was when he first came in and broke all the records?

We are capable of losing with crowds also I will admit. The crowd matters. Madness to say otherwise.

The crowd matters to every club. Not sure why you think your fans are any different, particularly how shite an atmosphere you create.

Starting eleven in their last game cost £410m, and included three academy graduates. But no, Ole hasn't been backed in the transfer market :lol:

I'm not quite sure how that's relevant at all. We were already committed to buying Maguire and Wan-Bissaka before Ole had any say. The only signing on the pitch that was Ole's was Fernandes.

It's big for everyone but we have the second highest average attendance in Europe. To suggest it's not a factor is borderline retarded.

Ole became manager in December '18, Maguire signed for you in fucking August of 2019 :lol:

Would help if you read the post. Maguire was a target under Jose never mind Ole. We were always signing him.

He's a fucking yoke anyway.

Would help if you read the post. Maguire was a target under Jose never mind Ole. We were always signing him.

But you're clearly full of shit. He wasn't "lined up" at all, you had to haggle with Leicester all bloody summer to finally strike a deal for him, and there were several other teams reportedly in for him. You make it sound like he had already signed by the time Ole came in, which is absolutely not the case at all.

Thinking about it though, I genuinely don't know what's worse, if Ole wanted him or not :lol:

You're all a bunch of hypocrites based on all your points. Newcastle have won f*** all for 50 years.

This tbh. Real Madrid imo are bigger but not by much five of those champions leagues are a bit dodgy aswell Franco etc. I’d like to see how Real Madrid would be if they were owned by the Glazers

That we are all hypocrites? Expand on that?

Our fanbase pretty  much invented the “ trophies don’t make you a big club”, argument so to then use it as an argument is a little bit hypocritical.

That we are all hypocrites? Expand on that?

Our fanbase pretty  much invented the “ trophies don’t make you a big club”, argument so to then use it as an argument is a little bit hypocritical.

Depends how many trophies. If Coventry win an FA cup one year, that doesn't make them a big club, but if a club is winning trophies consistently, then they are going to end up being one. It's not the only criteria though, as I've said before, I always thought of Leeds as a big club even if they were in the 3rd division purely because of their fanbase and having a successful team during periods of my lifetime.

But you're clearly full of shit. He wasn't "lined up" at all, you had to haggle with Leicester all bloody summer to finally strike a deal for him, and there were several other teams reportedly in for him. You make it sound like he had already signed by the time Ole came in, which is absolutely not the case at all.

Thinking about it though, I genuinely don't know what's worse, if Ole wanted him or not :lol:

We wanted Maguire the summer previous. Leicester wanted £50m and we didn't want to pay. He was a target for Jose and Woodward. He was not a target identified by Ole. I don't know why you're claiming it was an Ole signing. It wasn't.

It is you who is full of shit my friend. I know the transfers of my club better than you do.

We wanted Maguire the summer previous. Leicester wanted £50m and we didn't want to pay. He was a target for Jose and Woodward. He was not a target identified by Ole. I don't know why you're claiming it was an Ole signing. It wasn't.

It is you who is full of shit my friend. I know the transfers of my club better than you do.

So you waited a year and paid another 30m on top of the 50m they wanted? Wtf? Lol!!

2nd in the champions league is pretty impressive for a team like Spurs

Although if you ask me i'd rather have a manager who got Cardiff relegated

Fergie couldn't have saved Cardiff. An awful argument from desperate people.

Spurs had an excellent team. They probably had 6/7 players that would have walked into our side. Kane, Son, Eriksen, Alderweireld, Vertonghen etc. "A team like Spurs" indeed.

This is three pages ago, and I know it's not at all remotely comparable, but OGS turned Molde from shit into the best team in Norway. It would be like someone coming to Hearts and turning them into the new Celtic in no time, watched them go to shit when he left, then turned them back good when he returned. Definitive playing style, great buys to bring the club forward and so on.

Could that be replicated at the bigger stage? Obviously harder to do and there's more competitive clubs to challenge other than that one dominant force, but it's still a bit shitty to say OGS has achieved nothing - even if the league isn't a top tier league. IMO it's as mentioned comparable to toppling Celtics dominance in the SPL and establishing your team as that dominant force with a lesser team and budget than Celtic.

FWIW, I really, really, dislike Molde. I am happy OGS is gone. And I believe what Knutsen is doing currently with Bodø/Glimt in our league with no money and focusing on local talent, running amok in the league two years running and almost going undefeated this year and outplaying AC Milan at the San Siro (even if they sadly lost) is perhaps the biggest managerial performance in our league in its existence. OGS is shit compared to that.

So you waited a year and paid another 30m on top of the 50m they wanted? Wtf? Lol!!

Exactly. A shambles.

I think Man U have at least a top 4 squad, the manager has not got the best out of them, Poch or Bielsa would have them challenging.

You say we've a top four squad. Ole got us third. Poch had 5 years at Spurs and got them second. Bielsa would be interesting

It's Bob Bradley all over again

It's an objective fact that he did extremely well in Norway, sadly he couldn't replicate that elsewhere. I am stating exactly that point as well, as even though OGS did well here it does in no way equate he has to do well in a bigger league, just that it's a shit argument to say he's done nothing in the past. He'd done more than Pep when Pep got the Barca gig, for instance. I don't necessarily think he's done enough at all to warrant getting the Man Utd gig bar being a former player. But when Shearer was here, people wanted Shearer to stay on, and all Shearer had done at that stage was being a pundit - so I'm just annoyed at our own double standards when it's obvious why Man Utd fans want OGS to stay and it's fair-ish that he got the chance at the job.

I'm in no way saying he's a great manager for Man Utd (or for anyone else other than Molde) or the right answer for them, just that I understand why he has the job and that I understand why Man Utd fans aren't up in arms as he's done a lot to change the entire toxic atmosphere at the club. I fully understand why a Man Utd fan at this stage would prefer to stick with OGS rather than switch to Poch, even though I personally would choose Poch.

I think Man U have at least a top 4 squad, the manager has not got the best out of them, Poch or Bielsa would have them challenging.

You say we've a top four squad. Ole got us third. Poch had 5 years at Spurs and got them second. Bielsa would be interesting

Bielsa is god.