The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

Tony Mowbray to Blackburn.

Not a bad appointment for them in their position, I would be a little worried if I were the teams around them. Think Rotherham are all but down, Blackburn have looked doomed too but a change in manager could give them a temp lift. Have to think Wigan won't get out of it, not much quality there, but think anyone from Villa down are in trouble although with Zola running the show at Brum they too can't breathe too easily just yet.

Guest Howaythetoon

There are so many poor British managers or coaches and most all seem to get another cushy job whenever they fail. Big Sam, Pardew etc. Yes there are too many foreign managers and coaches and indeed players, but that's because they are f***ing better in most ways. English football is so ignorant and dated it's actually laughable. The culture of our game from top to bottom is loathesome.

Moving away from Ryan Giggs absolutely bullshit opinion... Is this comment not a bit strong? Post-2003 elite football has gone some way to damaging many aspects which make the sport so great; and there's obviously issues at grassroots level which I couldn't begin to identify, never mind theorise solutions to... but I think the word 'culture' is using too broad a brush.

It is, like. s*** managers are rewarded with big paying jobs and s*** players likewise. Fans are taking for a ride but constantly bend over and take on up the arse. Look at the reaction over some non league player eating a pie at half time.

It saddened me last night that the biggest cheers and jeers were for a s*** nothing player like Lansbury. He doesn't deserve the attention.

Our game f***ing boils my p*ss and last nigh I spent most of the game cringing.

17 minute applause, making a nobody like Lansbury some kind of anti hero. Villa fans proudly informing us that they relegated us once. A young fan about 7 wanting Ritchie off because he hadnt converted a chance. His father telling him what do you expect, he came from Bournemouth. Some old c*** abusing Mitrovic for not kicking someone. The list is endless really.

I know I'm coming over as a pissy moaning t***, but I feel absolutely nothing for our game the way it is and our club too. Win, lose, draw. Score, concede. Play s**** or play good. It's all the same really.

Thank you Mike and Alan btw...

And the FA and PL bosses and Sky!

Do you honestly feel nothing though??

Not a great deal. I was pleased we won of course and celebrated the goals but it all feels kind of false these days. I think it will take Ashley going for me to ever get arsed enough about NUFC to truly care and even then that passion as a kid and before Ashley will never return.

I love what Gallowgate Flags are doing though and of course Rafa  :smitten:

Guest Howaythetoon

There are so many poor British managers or coaches and most all seem to get another cushy job whenever they fail. Big Sam, Pardew etc. Yes there are too many foreign managers and coaches and indeed players, but that's because they are f***ing better in most ways. English football is so ignorant and dated it's actually laughable. The culture of our game from top to bottom is loathesome.

Moving away from Ryan Giggs absolutely bullshit opinion... Is this comment not a bit strong? Post-2003 elite football has gone some way to damaging many aspects which make the sport so great; and there's obviously issues at grassroots level which I couldn't begin to identify, never mind theorise solutions to... but I think the word 'culture' is using too broad a brush.

It is, like. s*** managers are rewarded with big paying jobs and s*** players likewise. Fans are taking for a ride but constantly bend over and take on up the arse. Look at the reaction over some non league player eating a pie at half time.

It saddened me last night that the biggest cheers and jeers were for a s*** nothing player like Lansbury. He doesn't deserve the attention.

Our game f***ing boils my p*ss and last nigh I spent most of the game cringing.

17 minute applause, making a nobody like Lansbury some kind of anti hero. Villa fans proudly informing us that they relegated us once. A young fan about 7 wanting Ritchie off because he hadnt converted a chance. His father telling him what do you expect, he came from Bournemouth. Some old c*** abusing Mitrovic for not kicking someone. The list is endless really.

I know I'm coming over as a pissy moaning t***, but I feel absolutely nothing for our game the way it is and our club too. Win, lose, draw. Score, concede. Play s**** or play good. It's all the same really.

Thank you Mike and Alan btw...

And the FA and PL bosses and Sky!

Quite a lot of the things you mention have long happened, or at least variants of them. 

True, but it just feels confounded these days.

Mind, I'm aware I'm a miserable bastard and an ultra cynic who struggles to get joy out of many aspects of 'modern' life. From footy to music to food even.

Anyway, fuck what I think, enjoy the Toon while you can for as long as you can.

Ranieri has a history of being incapable of turning things around when it goes to shit, he's very Pardew like in that way. Honestly they should have made this decision sooner, i don't see any evidence he's capable of stopping the slide and they could very easily get relegated.

Ranieri has a history of being incapable of turning things around when it goes to s***, he's very Pardew like in that way. Honestly they should have made this decision sooner, i don't see any evidence he's capable of stopping the slide and they could very easily get relegated.

Scratch this if they hire Pardew :lol:

That's disgraceful if true. Even if they went down they should have allowed him to walk away of his own accord. They literally can't do any better than last season, it's probably never going to happen for them ever again.

Staggering.