The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Southampton have gone as far as they could go imo, they also consistently sell their best players and we learnt that eventually your luck on finding replacements will run out.

Everton have a stronger team & were mismanaged by Martinez, they'll do well next year.

How can you say something like this after last season?

Realistically that isnt going to happen every year is it :lol: A freak season.

Southampton played above expectations themselves this season, they'll be midtable at best next year, unless they replace Koeman with someone decent.

They've improved on league positions and points every season since they've been promoted, despite selling their better players and managers leaving. To say it was a freak season is ridiculous

Had they had a better start to the season they could have been seriously pushing for Champions League places

Southampton is the most stable, ambitious and attractive club outside the top 6 (+Leicester) at the moment imo

So ambitious they keep selling all their best players every year

Southampton is the most stable, ambitious and attractive club outside the top 6 (+Leicester) at the moment imo

It's just not true as well. Did they sell Mane, Wanyama last summer when Man U were sniffing?

It's just not true as well. Did they sell Mane, Wanyama last summer when Man U were sniffing?

They've sold Shaw, Lallana, Chambers, Schneiderlin, Clyne and Lovren to big clubs in the last two years, of course they're a selling club. Mane will probably go this summer.  I strongly doubt Man Utd wanted Wanyama last summer

They've sold Shaw, Lallana, Chambers, Schneiderlin, Clyne and Lovren to big clubs in the last two years, of course they're a selling club. Mane will probably go this summer.  I strongly doubt Man Utd wanted Wanyama last summer

in hindsight they would have been mad to turn down any of those offers: £12mn for Chambers, ~£20mn for Lallana, £30mn+ for Shaw, £25mn for Lovren (!). They've gone out and used that money to strengthen.  Are you telling me Everton would be able to resist similarly inflated prices for their players? Lukaku will probably go this summer, likewise Stones.

They are no more a selling club than anybody else outside the top 6 - look at Leicester potentially selling Vardy and Kante, and they just won the league 

in hindsight they would have been mad to turn down any of those offers: £12mn for Chambers, ~£20mn for Lallana, £30mn+ for Shaw, £25mn for Lovren (!). They've gone out and used that money to strengthen.  Are you telling me Everton would be able to resist similarly inflated prices for their players? Lukaku will probably go this summer, likewise Stones.

They are no more a selling club than anybody else outside the top 6 - look at Leicester potentially selling Vardy and Kante, and they just won the league

Everton did turn down big offers for Stones last summer. Not sure they'll let Lukaku go either unless they make a big profit on him

Southampton now looking for a manager, some of the names they have been linked with really puts into context how massive it was for us to get Rafa.  I mean, Rafa f****** Benitez, in the Championship  :indi:

AVB now odds on favourite for Southampton job.

Don't mind him, i felt he got a treated bad when in England before. When you look at tossers like Pardew/Hippo head/Pulis and their stinking football, they get constant praise. Fucking baffles me no end.

AVB now odds on favourite for Southampton job.

Don't mind him, i felt he got a treated bad when in England before. When you look at tossers like Pardew/Hippo head/Pulis and their stinking football, they get constant praise. f***ing baffles me no end.

Agree with you on this. The press love a english dinosaur of a manager though so its not even a shock these days.