The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest Howaythetoon

Best manager in world football?

Carlo? No question about it. Hopefully just a matter of time before he's back in this country, hopefully as England manager.

He's so un Italian as well given how attack minded his teams are. At the moment he'd be my pick of all the manager's in the world if I could choose one. Experienced, great football, has won it all, good guy etc. Cheslea were mad for getting rid. I predict he will do better at Bayern than Guardiola!

Carlo? No question about it. Hopefully just a matter of time before he's back in this country, hopefully as England manager.

He's so un Italian as well given how attack minded his teams are. At the moment he'd be my pick of all the manager's in the world if I could choose one. Experienced, great football, has won it all, good guy etc. Cheslea were mad for getting rid. I predict he will do better at Bayern than Guardiola!

He can't exactly do any better though can he?

He can't exactly do any better though can he?

Yes he could...winning the Champions League would be a start

:thup: agree. Best manager in the world for sure.

:thup: agree. Best manager in the world for sure.

Only won the league three times in a long career.

Good appointment for them IMO.

Really? He was awful at Schalke.

Got West Brom promoted as runners up to us.

He might be an OK Championship manager but I don't think he is good enough for the Premier League so if they were promoted, I would expect them to looking for another manager again quite soon.

I don't think there's such a thing as "best" manager overall

You want someone to have little to zero control over transfers but give him a team of superstars - Carlo is the best man at making that situation work. All the superstars will start and shine. He'll adapt his tactics for that. More likely to win CL than a league, further enhancing this idea he's a manager better for big egos and big moments rather than weekly consistency.

Pep seems to give teams a strong identity and has only lost the league once in his career so far. In the CL - this strong identity makes his tactics obvious. His away record in KO rounds is very poor considering his all-round success.

Think someone like Rafa isa better fit for underdog jobs.

Think someone like Rafa isa better fit for underdog jobs.

I f***ing hope is a good fit for favourites as well as we'll be that next season.

I meant in terms of being up against teams and managers close in ability.  Carlo is better for a Real than Rafa but Liverpool is more suited to Rafa. 

In the Championship, he'll probably be the best manager by an absolute mile with hopefully the most talented squad. 

McCarthy is a poor PL manager and I think Hughton is a decent PL manager at best.  Both are among the finest in the Championship with limited budgets - done very well.  Even Warnock is pretty handy at that level.

Guest antz1uk

He's looking quite fresh.

Was thinking, he looked the smartest he has fora very long time, in fact i thought he looked quite humbled, still a massive pain in the arse like, although him and pep being in manchester is going to put the Premier league in to the stratosphere

Brian Mcdermott gone from Reading, that went nearly as well as Mclaren

Jaap Stam favourite to take over apparently.

I hope the Reading fans protest against the sacking, and make a Stamd

Brian Mcdermott gone from Reading, that went nearly as well as Mclaren

Jaap Stam favourite to take over apparently.

But what about experience of the Championship?

Does seem like a pretty risky move tbf