The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest neesy111

What's that all about? I thought he was doing well there? Or have things soured recently? Maybe McLaren can get his old job back there.

They've been awful since the start of the year.

They're second :lol:

They had a 6 point lead.  That's now a 7 point deficit.

There's always a time to move on though, personally i think Wenger was past it last season. My Arsenal supporting mates basically look at it like " I hope he goes this season and we name the stadium after him " I think most of their fanbase respect what he's done for them and he'll always be a legend to them but there's time and a place to move on and IMO we are just about getting there.

Pretty much this.  Arsenal bottle it every year.  They get close, but always fall short, they never properly invest the huge amounts of money they have and until the last two FA Cup wins.  They hadn't won fuck all in ages. 

I suppose if you see finishing top 4 and then getting dumped out of the CL, by the first decent side you play, as success.  Then they should stick with him.  I know plenty of Arsenal fans that have been wanting him gone for quite a while.  Can't say I blame them.

Guest firetotheworks

Arsenal fans man, 'We can realistically win the FA Cup for the 3rd year in a row and are always in the CL, but let's sack the manger who made us what we are'.

The pressure is rightfully on Wenger this year like, considering what other clubs are doing at the top of the league. He also still hasn't strengthened at CB, CM and striker which they have been missing for years.

I think Wenger's a fantastic manager and one of my favourite personalities in football, but considering Arsenal's challengers for the league this season are effectively Leicester and Spurs, they should be doing much, much better. You could say the same for Man United, Chelsea and Man City, but people do and they'll probably (or are already about to) switch things up, I think that's the point.

There's as many Spanish gaffas as there are Enlgish in the league noo.

FUCKING FORRIN CUNTS. NIGE IS RIGHT. MAN THE BORDERSAND SHOOT TO KILL. OUR TROOPS DIDNT DIE FOR THIS

Cday8UiW0AESmQb.jpg:large

BOOOOO

It's almost like clubs are starting to realize that for the most part English managers are old cloggers who have no right managing a top flight club. Eddie Howe being the exception.

Arsenal fans man, 'We can realistically win the FA Cup for the 3rd year in a row and are always in the CL, but let's sack the manger who made us what we are'.

The pressure is rightfully on Wenger this year like, considering what other clubs are doing at the top of the league. He also still hasn't strengthened at CB, CM and striker which they have been missing for years.

All valid but the banners directed at Wenger are embarrassing. One of the greatest managers the club and the country have and will ever see.

Completely agree, it's one thing wanting him out, but their actions are a disgrace.

Holding up a banner that says "Arsene - thanks for the memories but it's time to say goodbye" is a disgrace?! They are fans who are trying to let their voices be heard the only way they know how. They ARE the club, not henry, not wenger, and what they think should matter. They are angry that wenger has too much power, and that their board lacks ambition to win anything. Clearly the board doesn't care if wenger wins the PL because it's been more than a decade and he's still there.

Football fans can't demand success, but they can demand that the club tries - in the same way that you can't demand a player be more talented, but you can demand he gives 100%. The only pressure on wenger is that he gets top 4, and the fans want the board to have bigger ambitions than that, and I can't blame them.

They could go down with all those extra games.

I think they will, as soon as the odds come out I'll be sticking a decent wedge on it. I'd imagine they'll be somewhere from 20/1 - 50/1.

Errr.  I read Klaus' post as a joke?  Like how Pardew and Ashley never wanted Europe?!

I think they will, as soon as the odds come out I'll be sticking a decent wedge on it. I'd imagine they'll be somewhere from 20/1 - 50/1.

Errr.  I read Klaus' post as a joke?  Like how Pardew and Ashley never wanted Europe?!

Regardless I think they will, their squad is very average and their star man will potentially leave (Mahrez).

The rest of them are just playing way above their sanctions, they'll be knocking around the bottom of the league next year when normality is resumed.

Neil lennon left Bolton

Alan Shearer ‏@alanshearer  2h2 hours ago

One of life's mysteries is why so many people are still bothered about what happened with Neil Lennon, when me and him aren't. 18 years ago!

Alan Shearer ‏@alanshearer  2h2 hours ago

He has repeatedly assured me, he didn't mean to head-butt my foot.