The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

The sad thing is, he might finish 5th and fluke a Carabao Cup win and he’ll be lauded for it even though Spurs have been finishing top 3/4 and reached a CL Final.

Yes because it's about winning trophies, no good getting to finals and losing is it.

Would you say George Graham was better for Spurs than Pochettino then?

Yes, he has also won multiple other trophies.

Whole 40+m press conference on Youtube. Much more cheerful than the man who left Man Utd, this enforced break may have just reinvigorated him. I think he's going to do ok.

Opened classily with a statement about how good Poch had been, contrast that with Bruce's constant whining about Rafa.

Also @ around 26m a question asks what he intends to change, Jose answers very little, it's not that Poch has done wrong, it is to add to the base that has been here for 5 years, maybe a little plus. (paraphrasing)

Again, contrast that with Bruce. Even though that is essentially what he has reverted to he complains about the past whenever it may serve as an excuse.

So Juande Ramos too? Bollocks man. Like saying Dalglish would have been better than Keegan if he’d won the FA Cup.

If the titanic didn't hit the ice berg it wouldn't have sank.

George Graham and Juande Ramos are winners, Poch isn't.

Dalglish is a winner, Keegan isn't.

It's about winning trophies when you manage a team that expects them, no ifs buts or maybes

Jose says "If we win a trophy it is not a consequence of ME, it is of the consequence of the club vision, the club plan for years" (paraphrasing again).

That's us fucked then, as if we didn't know. The club plan is to stay afloat clinging to a bit of driftwood.

He seemed like the old Mourinho in his press conference - he's been a big miss from the Premier League and I can see him doing very well there unfortunately!

Hopefully, his record at SJP doesn't change though!

Richard Keys

Been told time & again today ‘Mourinho doesn’t get @SpursOfficial DNA’. Yes he does. We all do - pretty football & finishing 3rd or 4th - occasionally 2nd. He’s not there to do that - he’s there to win. You needed Eddie Howe if you wanted pretty.

:laugh:

Richard Keys agrees with you and you think that's a good thing :lol:

Richard Keys

Been told time & again today ‘Mourinho doesn’t get @SpursOfficial DNA’. Yes he does. We all do - pretty football & finishing 3rd or 4th - occasionally 2nd. He’s not there to do that - he’s there to win. You needed Eddie Howe if you wanted pretty.

:laugh:

Richard Keys agrees with you and you think that's a good thing :lol:

Only on this one occasion :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Give me the Keegan years over a Carling Cup win anytime.

Get away man, a league cup win would be the best day of our lives following NUFC for most of us.

Too much over sentimentalism.

Fuck off, 5 years of KK any day of the week man!

Get away man, a league cup win would be the best day of our lives following NUFC for most of us.

You cannot be serious???????

KK gave me, and many of you who remember it, the most glorious football I have ever seen. It has taken me years to get over the loss to Man U, but nothing, nothing, will ever be better than the football we saw. I'm happy we came 2nd playing the way we did, than 1st playing the way Man U did. Seriously.

You cannot be serious???????

KK gave me, and many of you who remember it, the most glorious football I have ever seen. It has taken me years to get over the loss to Man U, but nothing, nothing, will ever be better than the football we saw. I'm happy we came 2nd playing the way we did, than 1st playing the way Man U did. Seriously.

By winning more games and scoring more goals? :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d swap the first division season as Champions back in ‘93 for any poxy cup never mind finishing 3rd in the then new PL. Or 6th or 2nd. Btw that’s the best football we’ve ever played or I’ve ever seen from NUFC or any team.

Guest Howaythetoon

Those people who say Newcastle fans would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0 have a point with some of you.

Fuck off, context please!