The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I mean ... I was looking at the squad earlier and how much do they really need?  Think he has a decent squad to work with as it is.

Upgrades on the full backs would probably be the key thing.

maybe for the moment but (probably) losing eriksen and alderweireld for nothing next summer leaves some big holes in the squad

He's not been brilliant in ages and anything he adds to the league is for people who prefer media built controversy to actually watching football

The daily updates on which direction he was farting at Man U were captivating.

Would love for him to lead them to some silverware, just for the fewm on here. He’s a brilliant, ruthless asshole of a  manager and the league is better with him in it.

He's such an incessant whinger though.

He's not been brilliant in ages and anything he adds to the league is for people who prefer media built controversy to actually watching football

He’s won silverware far more recently than Rafa, who all but the biggest morons among us would agree is a brilliant manager.

He’s won silverware far more recently than Rafa, who all but the biggest morons among us would agree is a brilliant manager.

A lot of not brilliant managers have won silverware more recently than Rafa. Bit of a difference between managing Newcastle Utd and Man Utd. Not a very good comparison

The sad thing is, he might finish 5th and fluke a Carabao Cup win and he’ll be lauded for it even though Spurs have been finishing top 3/4 and reached a CL Final.

Yes because it's about winning trophies, no good getting to finals and losing is it.

Would you say George Graham was better for Spurs than Pochettino then?

He’s the manager version of Ibrahimovic now imo.

Aye, was thinking that the other day. Two massive dullard twats who got boring years ago.

Yes you were class and still have talent but give it a fucking rest.

Guest Howaythetoon

Might just be the right job at the right time for Jose and indeed Spurs, I think Poch is a great manager/coach though. I do like Jose mind, he needs to get back to being an innovative progressive coach and not the miserable dinosaur he’s become the last few years. He’s a trophy machine though and I’d put money on Spurs winning something under him, they have a very good nucleus of players and have been underperforming for a while now. Their CL fun/final was more akin to Monaco’s a few years back than say Liverpool back in 2005/beyond.

Think he’s struggled handling ‘millennials’ too. Players 30 year old and under today, I’m not sure his man management skills are up to handling these.

I think with Mourinho it's about the type of players. Think Spurs have a decent number of physical and athletic players. I think it will be a really good fit for him int hat sense.

I think the issues will arise off the pitch between himself and Levy when he wants to start bringing in players that share the same agent as he does.