The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Poch>>>>>>>OGS obviously but most seem to think this sacking is harsh and undeserved while laughing at Ole at the wheel.

Try comparing what Poch has done for Tottenham and what Solskjær has done for Man U (as a manager), and you'll see the point.

Is anyone saying that Poch did a poor job at Spurs ffs?

Might have been a good idea to involve Poch in the signings, guess Levy won't get stick for it.

Earlier in the season Poch said he knew nothing about transfers and you better ask the board about them, beginning of the end from that moment.

Spurs should give the job to Howe.

He wouldn’t last 5 minutes let’s be honest :lol:

They’ll need a manager with a big reputation to replace Pochettino.

Harry Redknapp

“Mourinho, I would think is on the list. When he[Levy] got rid of me he tried to get Ancelotti. He offered him the job at that time and I think he would be on the list too.

“People talk about Eddie Howe but I can’t see him going for Eddie.”

To say Spurs will be lucky to replace him with anyone on his level would be a massive understatement. Certain Pochettino will go to a huge club and do great things. Class manager.

Nagelsmann of Hoffenheim/Leipzig would be their best fit imo. Was an air of magic about Spurs under Poch at times like, shame but which manager lasts longer than 5 years these days?

Spurs should give the job to Howe.

He wouldn’t last 5 minutes let’s be honest :lol:

They’ll need a manager with a big reputation to replace Pochettino.

Harry Redknapp

“Mourinho, I would think is on the list. When he [Levy] got rid of me he tried to get [Carlo] Ancelotti. He offered him the job at that time and I think he would be on the list too.

“People talk about Eddie Howe but I can’t see him going for Eddie.”

Would have been a great time to go in. No pressure of top 4 this season, the players leaving won’t be on his head, and he’d get a year or two where top 6 would probably be acceptable.

ok if your going to sack him now (which considering he got them to the champions league final and has generally been the best thing to happen to spurs in 40 odd years is a bit harsh) why not do it last week instead of after the internationals are already basically done? And to potentially replace him with Mourinhio? Mourinhio could almost certainly still do a job at a top level club but his style of football etc is rather at the other end of the scale to Poch's so thats not brilliant either.

Well on the bright side the explosion from Mourinhio over Levy's dawdling and penny pinching in the transfer market should be amusing

Mourinho?! How will he fit with their approach to signings?! This is going to be a complete and utter disaster.

Can you imagine what Rafa would do with those defenders, and Dele, Son and Kane up top. Man. Alli and Kane could be Gerrard and Torres part 2.

Mourinho’s style would struggle to win trophies in today’s PL and domestic cups imo.

I do not think football has changed this drastically in the four years since he last won the PL and domestic cup.

You’ve got to play Pochettino football to win trophies these days....

In the same way that Giovanni Trappattoni or Fabio Capello are serial winners. The game left him behind

I just do not see the evidence of this or understand when people say it. His Man U team was average in terms of talent and he led them to decent results. It was a failure by his standard, but this will eventually happen when you manage at five different clubs over the course of 15+ years. How are you comparing him to men in their 70s and 80s who have not managed at club level in more than a decade?

There's like 10 clubs per season across the big European leagues who even have a chance of winning anything beyond a domestic cup.

Basing managers' quality, especially young managers, on trophies is stupid.

These still count.  :lol:

Quality managers win trophies.