The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Crikey, talk about losers mentality.

That's a bloody brainless comment, like. It's got absolutely nothing to do with either a winning or a losing mentality.

Back when the club existed as an outright sporting institution - as opposed to whatever you would define it as now - a cup win would have been unbelievable. One of the best things ever, without a shadow of a doubt. I'm sure there isn't a single person here who wouldn't agree.

It's never been about winning trophies though. We've not won one for 50 years ffs; even my dad can barely remember it. Like the vast, vast majority of supporters in this country - you don't support your team because they win things. At this point, the concept is alien to us. Of course, you go into every game and tournament hoping you win; but the most important thing is the sense of identity and belonging - your club is a reflection of you as an individual. You don't need trophies for that. You need a football club that tries to be the best football club it can be. If it does that, and does well, defying expectations - hosanna. If it does badly, so be it, we can all be f***ing gutted and raging together.

There's been times in the past when we've been a bag of absolute s**** and the club has really hurt me. But I've still been proud to call myself a Newcastle supporter. It's why anyone that knows me well enough talks about Newcastle before they talk about anything else (which is annoying these days).

Trophies would just be a wonderful add-on.

No, sorry i'm not having that.

I want to see NUFC lift silverware and the reason i've stopped going is because as it is we are a club that isn't trying to compete for it.

It IS about winning, at least trying to win things, it's not a kickabout with mates at the park.

I want my club to COMPETE.

You are taking the piss mate. But fair play as a mackem you have done well to get past most people's radars on here. Now fuck off back to the third division.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shock as Newcastle fans love most successful manager of the last 50 years.

Nowt to do with that, i love Keegan, but to say it isn't about winning trophies is ridiculous.

Eh? No one is a Newcastle fan if it’s about trophies. You enjoy the good times when they come and if a trophy is added, even better. If one doesn’t come, does it dismiss those good times? Absolutely not. Yorker’s post is spot on. KK didn’t choose to fall at the final hurdle unfortunately it happened but f*** me, implying he failed is beyond the pail.

Of course it doesn't dismiss those good times, i enjoyed the Bobby era, but it f***ing hurt to not win the Uefa Cup or FA Cup, how much better would it have been if we DID win something is all i'm saying.

Some people are going on like winning is for losers.

No they’re not and no you weren’t but of course it would’ve been better. No one is arguing against that.

I’ve still, before or after, never seen a goal celebrated like Lee in that SF.

I was on those seats near the front that had no backrest and hardly any slope, i saw hardly any of the game as everyone was obviously standing and i was 9 and short, i somehow managed to see Lee's goal though (random big Geordie next to me lifted me up so i could see some of the game).

Would you swap that experience for the thrill of finishing 5th under Pardew, though?

No because neither equaled winning anything  :buck2:

So you’re left empty, only a trophy will fill that black hole?

Hello darkness my old friend...

It would f***ing help like.  :lol:

O0

Shock as Newcastle fans love most successful manager of the last 50 years.

Nowt to do with that, i love Keegan, but to say it isn't about winning trophies is ridiculous.

That’s not what you’re saying though. You seem to be saying you’d swap those 4 years of finishing top 6, and the Robson years, for say, what Wigan or Birmingham did the last 10 years. Bollocks man. :lol: