The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

Would love to know what their fans think of it all.

One of my mates is a Sheffield United fan, general consensus is the Heckingbottom sacking was the right decision but bringing back Wilder is entirely the wrong one.

1 hour ago, Sifu said:

One of my mates is a Sheffield United fan, general consensus is the Heckingbottom sacking was the right decision but bringing back Wilder is entirely the wrong one.

Aye that’s what I’d say from the outside

They’re a waste of a spot in the PL

I think Swansea are a bit of a basket case to be honest.

Cooper did amazingly well to get that squad to the playoffs and had Andre Ayew rolling back the years that season. I imagine he was probably one of the highest paid players that season in the division

Wilder back at Sheffield United is a bit of a microcosm of the state of PL management atm. Managers don't last particularly long meaning there's lots of changes; very few clubs have succession plans; the 'safe pair of hands' PFM crew are dying off; and it's seen as a gamble to appoint someone with no experience of your relative situation. All of that means your options are pretty limited and you see folks returning to former clubs. Moyes, Hodgson, Wilder... just a question of who's next. My punt is Dyche back at Burnley before the season's out.

3 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2023/december/05/wilder-returns/

Chris Wilder is the new manager of Sheffield United.

Former Blades favourite Wilder returns on a contract until the summer of 2025. Alan Knill, Matt Prestridge and former Republic of Ireland international Keith Andrews will assist Wilder and all will be in the technical area for Wednesday's home fixture against Liverpool.

They better fucking not be.