The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

First sensible appointment Spurs have made since Pochettino imo. The sort of appointment/signing that eventually got them to a CL final. Unless they get new owners with bottomless pockets of money they have to gamble on unrealized potential. They did it so well from around the time Redknapp was appointed up until Pochettino got sacked where they slowly but surely managed to build that team by being able to replace their best players that got sold for massive fees with players that made their squad better over all.

On 06/06/2023 at 16:07, The Bonk said:

If they won more with Kane & Son, I'd agree with you, but they didn't and now Arsenal are on the upward trajectory. I don't see Spurs growing their fanbase the way Arsenal probably did this year alone. 

Out of curiosity, what metrics do think think Spurs aren't far behind on? Mostly growth? Sustainability? I honestly think NUFC have more growth potential than Spurs, hence why Levy kicked up a fuss towards our sale. 

Revenue generated. Pull with players. 

I know nothing about the guy or Celtic/SPL but I feel it in my plums that this is going to work out. Even down to the idea of him not being a big name that will put pressure on Levy to spend, which obviously hasn't worked out too famously with a couple of big names now.

Unless Levy goes in to full Ashley-style sabotage mode, it could end up an underrated punt. Scottish success doesn't count for much but that doesn't mean entirely overlooking them if they think he's got the skills to transfer in to a successful PL coach.

A lot will obviously hinge on whether Kane stays or goes, ofc. Particularly what their expectations are for the coming season.

1 hour ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

I can see this going the way of Nuno at Spurs. Sacked by November. 

That's my gut instinct as well. Well maybe not November, but might be just the one season. Doesn't matter who the manager is, a lot of their success was built on Kane and Son. Kane probably won't be there next season, and Son looks to be in decline. How good is their squad really?

Unless ange can suddenly change things up and have sort of defensive system it won’t work. Can get away with that in Scotland but it’ll get blown away in the PL much like it has in Europe. 

think he’ll do fine until he doesn’t then he’ll be gone. Won’t pull up any trees

Im sure he’s smart enough to adapt to the different league, and he’s got better players. I think people massively undersell what he did with Celtic tbf. 

Spurs defensive football managed to lead to them conceding a fuck load of goals. They need someone who is not gonna sneer at the club like it’s some sort of chore to manage them imo. Naglesmann would have got killed with that team in the PL. 

Is Postecoglou a culture guy in a similar vein to Howe? One thing I noticed about Celtic this year in the little that I watched them is their collectiveness. Building a better culture at Spurs will do them wonders and the last time you saw that at Spurs was Poch. 

5 hours ago, brummie said:

Remarkably, that bell end Danny Mills has been bigging up Carpethead's time at Villa.

He's genuinely got pig shit for brains, that cunt. A shit defender and a thug somehow managing to con his way into 'punditry' says all that needs to be said about propa Engerlish pundits who've been theya an dun it

Think he’ll do well for Spurs - from what I’ve seen he’s a strong character who can get them playing with an identity and give them a bit of pride in their team again. If the fans can go into games looking forward to watching their team play at a bare minimum that’ll be an improvement on anyone they’ve had since Poch