The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I find myself in a position where I don't really like Moyes, and don't think he should have been their first choice anyway, while also thinking Man United were wrong to sack him because he hasn't had enough time to do things his way, yet.

So yeah, he's shit, but you should keep him and give him a chance.

I realize those two ideas don't actually work together and yet there they are.

I'm a bit like that, really. He's underachieved (even with that DISGRACEFULLY AWFUL THE WORST I'VE EVER FUCKING SEEN BLARGH YUCK squad), but I still think they've dealt him a rough deal. They've decided he's not the right man, which could well be true, but I don't think he's been allowed the opportunity to prove it either way.

Seems like the players never really took to him or his methods and had no respect for him though. Get the feeling it was a bit like when you got a supply teacher in at school and everyone would just take the piss.

Giggs, Butt, Phil and now Scholes. They're getting the old band back together!

Any predictions on how the final few games will go? Can you imagine if they start tearing it up? The press will start clamouring for a permanent Giggs, or start touting him for other jobs, or maybe the Wales gig. Won't make Moyes look too great either.

Guest firetotheworks

Scholes strikes me as the type of person that thinks what he does is simple. I watched an interview with him and Gary Neville and he was asked about becoming a manager and his entire idea on how to play football was "score goals, score more goals than the other team" :lol:

Scholes strikes me as the type of person that thinks what he does is simple. I watched an interview with him and Gary Neville and he was asked about becoming a manager and his entire idea on how to play football was "score goals, score more goals than the other team" :lol:

:lol:

Wonder if he'd be up for replacing Pardew.

It is that simple tbh

Of course it isn't.

It is that simple tbh

Of course it isn't.

no, it is.  Managers like Pardew and even Moyes don't go into games naturally planning to out score the opposition.  Despite often having great defences, in the league Man Utd.  always played to out score opponents. If they where to 'nick' a goal on the counter as a primary plan - they really wanted and planned to get that goal. 

Very rarely would they play for a draw from the outset. Many teams and managers start hoping for a point.

Giggs, Butt, Phil and now Scholes. They're getting the old band back together!

Any predictions on how the final few games will go? Can you imagine if they start tearing it up? The press will start clamouring for a permanent Giggs, or start touting him for other jobs, or maybe the Wales gig. Won't make Moyes look too great either.

I have started to wonder about the effect on Moyes of having Giggs around on the coaching staff. I gather that the plan was for Giggs to be groomed as an eventual manager at the club, but how wise was that? Shearer's continued presence as the King-in-Waiting was quite a problem at our club, and I'm wondering if there are some parallels.

I'm not suggesting that Giggs set out to undermine Moyes. But the players apparently look up to him and it can't have been easy for Moyes to completely impose himself.

I get the impression that Moyes wasn't sure whether to run things his own way from the start, or tiptoe through all the existing power structures at the club, and ended up doing neither.

I'd have thought a future manager would have to do the former, but it may be a few years before that's possible. Or - as with Shearer - the whole Giggs issue will need to be sorted one way or the other.

Speculation, I know.

Problem for Moyes from the outset was always going to be that respect issue. The players have been taught & coached by one of the best managers in the history of the game, they're automatically going to doubt a new coaches ideas if they differ. They already know the best ways to train, to go into a game etc Why would they listen to someone who's achieved far less & adapt to his ideas? Ferdinand publicly doubted them a few times.

Good luck to the next guy, obviously buying half a new side might help him.

That's why they should have backed Moyes in the first place and put their money where their mouth was. As if Mourinho would have accepted that team as it for the start of the season, or Ancelotti etc. The situation as it was, going from Fergie to Moyes required a number of new players to make it work, everyone knew that and said it at the time.

They'll do okay in the last few games because they'll be playing for themselves and their own futures. It'll be interesting to see who they bring in permanently, I can't imagine it'll be Giggs or anyone without a proven track record.

They'll do okay in the last few games because they'll be playing for themselves and their own futures. It'll be interesting to see who they bring in permanently, I can't imagine it'll be Giggs or anyone without a proven track record.

They're more than welcome to take Pardew

Guest chopey

Scholes will be no good in this modern football occupied by Pardew and the likes, its more about science these days..........science and throw ins