The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest Howaythetoon

I live in Swansea, and a fair few people actually want to give Britton the job full time, and he knows the club and "the Swansea way".

Its not my club so its easy to say, but I'm in favour of such appointments over the managerial merry go round of the same shit. It worked with Monk.

I live in Swansea, and a fair few people actually want to give Britton the job full time, and he knows the club and "the Swansea way".

Its not my club so its easy to say, but I'm in favour of such appointments over the managerial merry go round of the same s***. It worked with Monk.

It worked with Monk for a season and a half only didn't it? IMO no manager should start his managerial career at the top level, it very rarely works.

From our point of view i'd love Leon Britton to get the job because I think Swansea would be a cert to go down.

Amazing how short of good managers the richest league in the world can be. We should pretty much just have the 20 best managers in the world lined up.

It is, you are talking about teams turning over at the very least 100 million pounds, yet they are happy to leave someone like Britton who has zero prior experience managing their one product line, which has a massive penalty imposed if you fail.

Amazing how short of good managers the richest league in the world can be. We should pretty much just have the 20 best managers in the world lined up.

It is, you are talking about teams turning over at the very least 100 million pounds, yet they are happy to leave someone like Britton who has zero prior experience managing their one product line, which has a massive penalty imposed if you fail.

When you put it like that, it really does seem nuts. The footballing business is like none other.

f*** off is there, or has there ever been, a "Swansea way" ffs.

f***ing sick of that term applying to any number of clubs.

What's the Newcastle way ? Fuck everything up at every point where hope peaks out it's head ?

Fuck off is there, or has there ever been, a "Swansea way" ffs.

Fucking sick of that term applying to any number of clubs.

Surely Swansea fans are more qualified to talk about there club then any of us? And if they say there is a "Swansea Way" then there probably is a Swansea way like.

Surely Swansea fans are more qualified to talk about there club then any of us? And if they say there is a "Swansea Way" then there probably is a Swansea way like.

You're right there is a Swansea Way in Rancho Cordova, CA: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Swansea+Way,+Rancho+Cordova,+CA+95670,+USA/@38.5839023,-121.3037749,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x809add221e8bd3f5:0xc737f28e46104367!8m2!3d38.5839023!4d-121.3015862

To be fair the rise of Swansea to the premier league was based on a certain type of football, and they tried to hire managers that would stick to that style. It involved lots of short passes to the CB's and midfielders getting 99% pass completion rates. They deserve to say they have a "way" more than West Ham or Everton, in my lifetime the Everton way has been hoofing it and relying heavily on set pieces.

If you think about it, only the top 6 or so clubs are attractive propositions for the world's best. Which world class manager would want to be paid well to finish 7th?

The "Swansea Way" came in when we were in League One, Kenny Jackett was the manager who got us promoted from League Two and Martinez was his team Captain.

Martinez and Jackett had a falling out over the style of play, Martinez wanted the team to play possession football and Jackett preferred a more direct approach. Rumour had it that Martinez used to conduct extra training on maintaining possession, a number of players, including Britton bought into it. This led to a falling out between Martinez and Jackett and brought about Martinez leaving and ending up at Chester.

Later that season Jackett quit and Martinez was brought in, he lifted the club from mid table to just missing the play-off's, we needed to win the last game and we lost something like 6-4 against Blackpool, who went up through the play-off's that year.

The following year we played possession attacking football, something Martinez was good at but defending was not our highlight. It was something unusual in League One which is why it became known as the Swansea way and we won the League.

We maintained that way, each following manager added something, Sousa added a defence, Rogers combined it all and Laudrup gave us that bit a flair.

It stopped when Monk took over, the first year with Monk he continued what Laudrup started and we finished our best position in the Premier League. The next season he changed the way we played and basically the rot started there.

Guidolin should never have been sacked, Bo Bradley was a joke and Clement had his feet kicked from beneath him by the summer destruction of our attacking line-up.

We are where we are now and most expect relegation and the blame is being pointed generally in the direction of Huw Jenkins the Chairman.

Didn't realise Sevilla have sacked their manager, seems a strange one, not least because he's got cancer.

Tin hat theory:

Maybe he was going to have to resign due to the cancer, but the club said they'd sack him instead so he gets the pay off.

Didn't realise Sevilla have sacked their manager, seems a strange one, not least because he's got cancer.

Tin hat theory:

Maybe he was going to have to resign due to the cancer, but the club said they'd sack him instead so he gets the pay off.

Why not just let him resign AND give him the pay off? And bypass the looking like cunts for sacking a man with cancer bit.

No self respecting club in this day and age would ever terminate the contract of a man who’d had cancer. Especially via a phone call.