The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Ancelotti's a busted flush in today's coaching world.  Been very unimpressed with his record since leaving Chelsea.

He won Real Madrid's first CL in years like

Won league titles in France and Germany. Took each team to the QF's. Won the CL too.

Managers get to a certain age, maybe not at the pinnacle and get entirely written off.

Genuinely hate Arteta going to Arsenal to be honest. Their fans are some fickle lot and it will be a shame for him to be berated by home fans in 18 months time. Anywhere but Arsenal would be good for Arteta. Even here.

Honestly, no matter how crap the Scottish league might be for some people, I am impressed how Gerrard has done with Rangers. Good place and league for him to start. Lampard did ok for Derby and Chelsea. Wonder how Rooney will do wherever he chooses to dip his toes in.

Rooney is already managing Derby, not doing well at all so far.

Guest neesy111

Genuinely hate Arteta going to Arsenal to be honest. Their fans are some fickle lot and it will be a shame for him to be berated by home fans in 18 months time. Anywhere but Arsenal would be good for Arteta. Even here.

Honestly, no matter how crap the Scottish league might be for some people, I am impressed how Gerrard has done with Rangers. Good place and league for him to start. Lampard did ok for Derby and Chelsea. Wonder how Rooney will do wherever he chooses to dip his toes in.

Rooney is already managing Derby, not doing well at all so far.

He's a coach, Cocu is managing them.

Arteta to Arsenal looks on.

What a terrible appointment the absolute opposite of what Arsenal need in every sense.

:lol:

Based on absolutely nothing.

Based on Arteta having zero experience as a manager.

Arsenal are desperately needing an experienced manager who has experience of rebuilding clubs and building a solid structure.

Arteta will get drowned at Arsenal, it would be like appointing Eddie Howe zero credentials to manager a club of that size and scrutiny.

What a terrible appointment the absolute opposite of what Arsenal need in every sense.

How can you say that? :lol:

I agree with him I honestly think it objectively the wrong decision (for both arsenal and arteta) to make at this time considering the circumstances at arsenal atm. Hes a complete novice in management and arsenal are in a bad spot, if he was taking over in the summer with time to sort out the team and tactics and move on some of the useless players then sure worth a go but taking over mid-season when the arsenal crowd is as toxic as it is at the moment would be difficult for experienced managers let alone someone trying to learn on the job. As for arteta himself with the state arsenal are currently in I don't know why the hell he'd go near them, it could honestly end his managerial career before it starts

How can you say that? :lol:

I agree with him I honestly think it objectively the wrong decision (for both arsenal and arteta) to make at this time considering the circumstances at arsenal atm. Hes a complete novice in management and arsenal are in a bad spot, if he was taking over in the summer with time to sort out the team and tactics and move on some of the useless players then sure worth a go but taking over mid-season when the arsenal crowd is as toxic as it is at the moment would be difficult for experienced managers let alone someone trying to learn on the job. As for arteta himself with the state arsenal are currently in I don't know why the hell he'd go near them, it could honestly end his managerial career before it starts

Arteta has patiently been learning under Pep for 3 years or so, has seen an entire structured organization built on 1 thing only, winning. He has a winner's mentality working for Pep and a club that will ruthlessly do what it takes to be the best.  I am sure a very clear idea of how he wants to play. Whether he can get the support to build a team, coach that team, and be a success is another thing.

I don't see the crowd jumping on his back anytime soon.

:laugh:

They’re already saying Ljungberg has ruined his invincibles legacy.

Arteta doesn’t have a legend bond with Arsenal fans.

I really hope no one thinks your opinions are those of every NUFC fan.

Paul Merson on Arteta

“Other than not getting lost on the way to the Arsenal training ground I don’t know what else Arteta brings to the table”

“This is a big, big gamble by Arsenal putting someone that has never managed before in charge of a club of the size of Arsenal”

Paul Merson on Arteta

“Other than not getting lost on the way to the Arsenal training ground I don’t know what else Arteta brings to the table”

“This is a big, big gamble by Arsenal putting someone that has never managed before in charge of a club of the size of Arsenal”

Merson is thick as fuck.

Arteta has patiently been learning under Pep for 3 years or so, has seen an entire structured organization built on 1 thing only, winning. He has a winner's mentality working for Pep and a club that will ruthlessly do what it takes to be the best.  I am sure a very clear idea of how he wants to play. Whether he can get the support to build a team, coach that team, and be a success is another thing.

That team desperately need someone who will sort their defense out. Should go all out for Simeone. Rafa would have been a good choice too.