The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

I see nothing in Ralph Hasenhüttl that would elevate him above the likes of Howe, very similar in my opinion, I’d be happier with Howe over him nine times out of ten.

13 hours ago, woody said:

I'm kind of curious as to how Bruce does in job interviews. I assume it's all vague generalities, mentions of working together and the need for at least two Steves.

Just keeps mentioning the 200 years he was Fergie's captain.

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Favre or Fonseca have got to go somewhere right?

Doubt nuno will go straight back in but you never know. Could definitely see him at Southampton if villa went for the Hass.

Fair few options out there. 

Hasenhüttl to Villa, Howe to Southampton, Rafa to Newcastle, Bruce to Everton…

I don’t get the hate for Lampard like, it’s weird, he’s done relatively well in his only two jobs and now all of a sudden he’s another Bruce? ‘Kin hell [emoji38]

58 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Favre or Fonseca have got to go somewhere right?

Doubt nuno will go straight back in but you never know. Could definitely see him at Southampton if villa went for the Hass.

Fair few options out there. 

There’s zero chance of Nuno. 

too much local complication. 

I actually think Terry would be more likely than Gerrard. I think I’d prefer Terry. 

Two reasons. Firstly, I still get sleepless nights over the last time we appointed a British manager with the “Did really well at Rangers” justification. Secondly, I’ve also only just got over the horrific Liverpool love-fest we had with Houllier. It would be way worse with gerrard. 

1 minute ago, brummie said:

I actually think Terry would be more likely than Gerrard. I think I’d prefer Terry. 

Two reasons. Firstly, I still get sleepless nights over the last time we appointed a British manager with the “Did really well at Rangers” justification. Secondly, I’ve also only just got over the horrific Liverpool love-fest we had with Houllier. It would be way worse with gerrard. 

You think Smith losing Terry has had an impact as well? 

1 minute ago, brummie said:

How did Houllier do, I can’t remember much from back then?

9 minutes ago, HTT II said:

How did Houllier do, I can’t remember much from back then?

We were dog shit all season, arse end of the table. Then he got ill, Gary Macallister took over and we finished ninth. The football under houllier was getting better. It was his constant talking about Liverpool (including tapping the This is Anfield thing on the tunnel when we played there), that was the problem. Nauseating. 

Just now, brummie said:

We were dog shit all season, arse end of the table. Then he got ill, Gary Macallister took over and we finished ninth. The football under houllier was getting better. It was his constant talking about Liverpool (including tapping the This is Anfield thing on the tunnel when we played there), that was the problem. Nauseating. 

Remember Souness doing the same for us the horrible cunt.

51 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I don’t get the hate for Lampard like, it’s weird, he’s done relatively well in his only two jobs and now all of a sudden he’s another Bruce? ‘Kin hell [emoji38]

Yeah hate is unfair, he hasn't done terrible jobs, it's just a reaction against the chummy media crew trying to get him jobs. As I mentioned before his defensive problems with Chelsea were entirely his own making though. Tuchel sorted out the defense in one training session and they were suddenly incredibly solid. He froze out Rudiger who now looks one of the best cbs in the league (if not europe). It's a weird blind spot to have and you would hope he can sort that out in future jobs. 

Just now, brummie said:

Sounds ultimately grim, shame  as I liked Houllier and rated him as a manager.