2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Really looking forward to this World Cup more than any major tournament since the 2002 World Cup. Maybe it's just Brazil as a venue eh.

I reckon the Ivory Coast, Japan and Belgium will be dark horses who can surprise a lot of people. Especially the Ivory Coast as they've finally not gotten a horrendously tough group.

Anybody else have any teams they think we should keep an eye out for as potential surprises?

England.

Really looking forward to this World Cup more than any major tournament since the 2002 World Cup. Maybe it's just Brazil as a venue eh.

I reckon the Ivory Coast, Japan and Belgium will be dark horses who can surprise a lot of people. Especially the Ivory Coast as they've finally not gotten a horrendously tough group.

Anybody else have any teams they think we should keep an eye out for as potential surprises?

Rooney to be top scorer.

England.

Belgium isn't a dark horse anymore.

It's probably a little horse that is not quite ready for competing for the title (sorry for taking Jose's words here)

For me it's Bosnia and also England, who unlike the last times, will play free of the great pressure and had a good time now pre-tournament.

I fancy Colombia and Belgium as surprises outside of the Usual suspects, I also think the likes of Iran and Algeria could get a few surprise results

I do fancy every South American team to make last 16 though

I think Colombia will play England in last 16. Colombia to win their group with 7p. They're just that good. Only team that can take point from them is Ivory Coast. I love Japan and their style of play, but those defenders are useless.

I think Bosnia have a chance to reach semi-finals depending on how good Germany are, that's how much I rate that team. I think they can beat France/Swiss and then in a quarter-final against Portugal/Germany they could on a super day somehow go through. They can also fail miserably and finish dead last in their group. Think they're the big dark horse of this tournament just because of the group and possible route to a semi. (obviously don't expect them, but just like Turkey in 2002 you never know)

I think Bosnia have a chance to reach semi-finals depending on how good Germany are, that's how much I rate that team. I think they can beat France/Swiss and then in a quarter-final against Portugal/Germany they could on a super day somehow go through. They can also fail miserably and finish dead last in their group. Think they're the big dark horse of this tournament just because of the group and possible route to a semi. (obviously don't expect them, but just like Turkey in 2002 you never know)

Good attack but bad defence, very unbalanced squad, and they have never won against any strong team. Bad relations in squad is also big issue (between older players and manager Sušić).

Good attack but bad defence, very unbalanced squad, and they have never won against any strong team.

Yeah, but it's more about their route. From all the weaker teams they're the one that might not have to play a big nation until a possible quarter-finals. I can see them beating Switzerland and even France on a bad day. I think they'll have big support from fans and in a quarter-final anything can happen. I don't think they'll go that far, I'm just looking at all the teams that could surprise and they're definitely the team I think has the biggest chance of being the surprise of the tournament.

Good attack but bad defence, very unbalanced squad, and they have never won against any strong team.

Yeah, but it's more about their route. From all the weaker teams they're the one that might not have to play a big nation until a possible quarter-finals. I can see them beating Switzerland and even France on a bad day. I think they'll have big support from fans and in a quarter-final anything can happen. I don't think they'll go that far, I'm just looking at all the teams that could surprise and they're definitely the team I think has the biggest chance of being the surprise of the tournament.

Almost half country will not support Bosnian national team, same in Croatia. :D

Deferent reasons, but long story. ;)

Can see brasil cruising it, they have a really well balanced squad and that front four of Hulk, Oscar, Neymar and Fred really do look convincing.

Can see spain going out quite early, just can't see them maintaining form and they haven't looked good recently. Dark horses have to be England and belgium.

We're having a World Cup/Poker/Eating competition night on Saturday. Decky is going to eat half a kilo of butter and I'm going to eat ten McDonald's cheeseburgers in 4 minutes or less.

World cup innit.

Hard to believe the Irish are often characterised as feckless simpletons.

:lol:

Can see brasil cruising it, they have a really well balanced squad and that front four of Hulk, WILLIAN, Neymar and Fred really do look convincing.

Can see spain going out quite early, just can't see them maintaining form and they haven't looked good recently. Dark horses have to be England and belgium.

FYP. Oscar will play 45mins from start, disappoint and Willian will run the show.

Guest VanBarduck

Portugal.

I'm just throwing it out there, without further argumentation, see how it goes and eventually ad a verb+object to that sentence

Will the opening ceremony be broadcast live on the telly?

JLO pulled out mate. Nee point even watching. Not even sure I'll watch the tournament itself anymore. This has really taken the edge off.

We're having a World Cup/Poker/Eating competition night on Saturday. Decky is going to eat half a kilo of butter and I'm going to eat ten McDonald's cheeseburgers in 4 minutes or less.

World cup innit.

Hard to believe the Irish are often characterised as feckless simpletons.

:lol: