2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reus confirmed to miss the World Cup.

Doubt Germany have a chance of winning it now

?

Reus is a very important player but just like if Messi, Neymar or Iniesta would break these teams have depth. Reus is injured and they can play Podolski/Klose/Schurrle/Draxler, which says a lot. At least in my opinion while they've definitely lost a key player I still think they are one of the top 4 favourites.

I don't think any of those players are nearly as good as Reus although I haven't seen Draxler much. I just can't see them winning it

It's a bit shit that these players are picking up injuries, especially for someone like me who doesn't get to watch as much world football as I'd like.

The 4 guys you mentioned aren't fit to lace Reus's boots - but I understand your point.

Absolutely, Reus for me is their best player with Ozil. Remember having the discussion on here that I find him better than Götze and not many agreed (when both were at Borussia). There's something about his games that I really enjoy.

?

Reus is a very important player but just like if Messi, Neymar or Iniesta would break these teams have depth. Reus is injured and they can play Podolski/Klose/Schurrle/Draxler, which says a lot. At least in my opinion while they've definitely lost a key player I still think they are one of the top 4 favourites.

I don't think any of those players are nearly as good as Reus although I haven't seen Draxler much. I just can't see them winning it

I don't find them better either. It's just that I don't think it changes much fo the dynamic of the team. They still have Özil, Götze, Kroos + the four I mentioned to create and score. Reus is a huge miss, just like any key player would be to their team. I just don't think there's a team better than them on their route to a semi-final, hence top 4.

The 4 guys you mentioned aren't fit to lace Reus's boots - but I understand your point.

Absolutely, Reus for me is their best player with Ozil. Remember having the discussion on here that I find him better than Götze and not many agreed (when both were at Borussia). There's something about his games that I really enjoy.

?

I don't find them better either. It's just that I don't think it changes much fo the dynamic of the team. They still have Özil, Götze, Kroos + the four I mentioned to create and score. Reus is a huge miss, just like any key player would be to their team. I just don't think there's a team better than them on their route to a semi-final, hence top 4.

They probably are top 4 unless Italy or France or somebody pull something out of the bag but I think they are considerably weaker than the other 3. Reus gives you something you don't get with the rest of those players apart from maybe Gotze who isn't nearly as good as him, he's fast, he'll run at players

Fair enough, but France and Italy lost as important players before the World Cup as well. I'm just looking on the teams way to the semi-final and it's pretty clear that Argentina and Germany have somewhat an easier way than Spain and Brazil. I expect both of them to walk it to the semi-finals as I don't consider France or Belgium strong enough to beat the Jormans or Argies.

God, just looking at that Italy game fixture has me nervous.  :(

That whole day is :megusta: for me. 4 games. 1PM (Brazilian time) until midnight there will be game on.

Thursday can't come soon enough. God, this is going to be great.

:thup:

Can't believe my luck either. Brazil on Thursday on TV, then Spain v Netherlands live, then the weekend games on TV and then Germany v Portugal live monday. What a start to the World Cup. It's really a shame that there's not one scandinavian team. Hurts to see a team like Greece there, not a more boring national team out there. Would've enjoyed Denmark or Sween there. Maybe Norway if they still had Drillo ;)

Guest palnese

:lol:

Watching us finish bottom of the group with no goals scored and plenty conceded would be to much to handle.

It's a shame, but none of Scando teams are good enough.

:lol:

Watching us finish bottom of the group with no goals scored and plenty conceded would be to much to handle.

It's a shame, but none of Scando teams are good enough.

If we were there we'd still have Drillo. We'd go out, but we'd go out after a few uninspiring 0-1 or 1-1s rather than the 0-4 and 0-5s under Høgmo. :lol:

Is it just me that rather be humiliated then lose a few 0-1s? Fucking hate 0-0 and 1-1s. Anything over 2.5goals satisfies me. Usually I bet on u2.5 just because I win money or get to watch goals :lol:

Australia are going through a regeneration phase, so Im quite happy with a close loss, as long as our style and game is progressing.

Like that's going to happen :yao: